This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shame on me

I was at The Evil Empire Store© today and needed help finding shoes in my size. Of course, I couldn't find an employee in the shoe department (never have, ever, whenever I look for shoes, but anyhoo...) so I went up to a lady that had greeted myself and the man of the household between the shoe and baby departments. (Did you know they let associates wear regular clothes now?) Turns out she WASN'T an employee. Oooooooops. I didn't know. She was nice about it, too.

When I FINALLY found an employee, I uttered the dreaded words. "Can you look in the back for more?" (I HAD too. The largest size they had on the salesfloor was a 7 1/2.) She said something that boiled down to, "If it's not on the salesfloor, we don't have it in stock." :muttering to myself: You know, I'd find that more believable if you actually LOOKED at what product I had in my hands, but whatever...

Yeah, I'm gonna try Target next week for shoes.

I can't believe that I said TWO of the dreaded SC phrases. Will I be put on CS probation now?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

With shoes, that's not out of the realm of possibility. Every shoe store I've ever been to has stock in the back room. Why? Well, it'd be pretty stupid if they only ever carried one of each size in whatever styles they had, wouldn't it? I don't think you were sucky at all.
    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Thanks, Tollbaby.

I remember when Wal-Mart was halfway decent. Now it's rivaling K-Mart in sucktacularity.
      Unseen but seeing
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

yea, and with Walmart it all depends on what location you use... some are better than others.
        I will not shove “it” up my backside. I do not know what “it” is, but in my many years on this earth I have figured out that that particular port hole is best reserved for emergency exit only. -GK

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
          yea, and with Walmart it all depends on what location you use... some are better than others.
          I think thats true for any business.
          If watermelons are made up of water, what are kumquats made up of?
          www.myspace.com/rentalracer

Comment

Quoth DesignFox View Post
            I guess I'll have to stay away from the ones in Seacacus, Saddle Brook, and the one out near Elizabeth.
            Unseen but seeing
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X