This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Anakah View Post
    Even though it was clearly my fault, would it be possible for the woman (who I know knowingly knew about the money mix up) to get into trouble for just walking off with it? They do have her on camera.
    Although I am not a lawyer, I believe she would. It would be one thing if it was a couple dollars that a reasonable person may not notice that he/she was given incorrect change. But $800 is a very large sum of money, over half the cost of the bill that was to be paid. I think that would essentially be theft since it would be obvious to anyone that a mistake was made and the customer was not meant to recieve $800.

I base this off of one of those People's Court type of show where some lady was accidentally given over twice the amount she would have normally gotten in her paycheck, and refused to give back the overpayment. The judge said that something like that is OBVIOUSLY a mistake, and that you cannot keep the money. So take that for what it's worth.

Comment

You look like someone who is honest lol! geez these freaking customers are not too honest a lot of them look like crooks and they can get as much as they want whenever they have the advantage. I did mistakes on traveller's cheques like getting confused from American with Canadian and those stupid customers don't realize they made a mistake!
      Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

I have never kept extra change. I always pay attention to the total, how much I give the cashier and how much I get back.

The last time I had a cashier try to overpay me was for a nickel. I still gave it back.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I rarely get any over change. The last time I did, it was just enough for me to get a soda. Which I told the cashier that she gave me about $0.50 over change. Also told her thank you for the soda. Atleast I gave the money back. Once when I was younger, I had gone to the store, and bought some baseball cards. Got over changed, and never even knew it, until I got home. Next day, my mom took me back to give it back to them, and they told me to just go ahead and keep it.
          Under The Moon Paranormal Research
          San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I got fired from a job because TWICE my till came up $80.00 short...... now that's odd isn't it? BOTH times it came up exactly $80 short??? I'd had the few $1.00 short or $1.00 over or something like that but I'd worked in over 10 different stores in two different cities and I only had this problem at ONE store..... nevermind the fact also that if you didn't allow others to ring on your till you were seen as distrustful and everyone hated you for it.... so we all kinda rang on each other's tills - bad I know, but it was common practice and I just went along with it..... then I got fired b/c of $10 showing up short....... HOWEVER one computer readout said I was $10 over, one said I was $10 short - either way they decided to fire me. Two days before Christmas....... I don't work in retail anymore. I work in a higher paying job w/ no sucky customers - but that really upset me. Obviously someone was probably trying to steal money from my till - I had some difficulty w/ co-workers. I actually tried to let Corporate know about some of my sucky co-workers but they did nothing. Now, a few years later - every single one of them has been fired at some point........ could've saved the company a lot of money if they would've listened and believed me (BTW - I offered to pay back the missing $80 BOTH times just as a "good faith" effort - even though I didn't take it)

Comment

I once was overpayed at a bank after making a deposit (I cashed a few checks, but my deposit was for a specific amount so I got change back), even though at the time I felt that something was a little off; I'm fairly competant at math and was sure my numbers were correct. Of course, being my ignorant self, I assumed that the bank was correct and thought nothing of it.

As soon as I came home I was told I had gotten a call from the bank about it; they closed in fifteen minutes so I ran right back there and had everything settled, which I'm thankful for. Gah, I wish I wasn't so slow on the uptake or had the guts to say, "Wait, that doesn't seem right!" >.<
              "IT stands away, interrupting himself from the incessant hammering of the kittens…"

Comment

$75 opening drawer is the fastest way to piss off customers since you cant do shit with a $75 drawer, even $125 is a bitch. Im glad that our drawer was raised to $200 last summer. The $125 just made stuff impossable, get a travelers check and youre under for a couple of days till it can get filled.

Quoth BuhMule View Post
                Didn't get fired, but about a week later Hotel Manager chose to lower the amount our drawers started with to $75.00 (down from $250.00).
                Last edited by MadMike; 05-27-2007, 09:10 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post

Comment

It would most likley be covered under theft of services or shoplifting. In Alaska theft of $500 (value) or more is a class C Felony.

Quoth trunks2k View Post
                  Although I am not a lawyer, I believe she would.
                  Last edited by MadMike; 05-27-2007, 09:11 PM. Reason: Excessive quoting

Comment

You know, I wouldn't feel so bad about making the figure error. When I first read this over I had to go back and read it again to understand where you had messed up.
                    That being, $1199.99 + $.1 = $2,000 to me too. :/

Comment

Quoth technopoptart View Post
                      $75 opening drawer is the fastest way to piss off customers since you cant do shit with a $75 drawer, even $125 is a bitch.
                      Try starting with a $50 drawer.
                      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                        Wow, I can't believe places start that low. At the movie theatre, we started with a $500.00 bank on box office and $100.00 on the concession stand.
                        The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                          Wow, I can't believe places start that low.
                          I've been working at the "Lounge for 2 years and I still can't get over it. At my
                          1st/2nd CSs, we started at $100, and sometimes that was tough.
                          I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Well for a good update... I made it. I survived the sixth months and now my points are gone and I have a clean slate. I haven't been short since and I'm a lot more careful now. The calculator is my new best friend.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                              Quoth technopoptart View Post
                              $75 opening drawer is the fastest way to piss off customers since you cant do shit with a $75 drawer, even $125 is a bitch. Im glad that our drawer was raised to $200 last summer. The $125 just made stuff impossable, get a travelers check and youre under for a couple of days till it can get filled.

Try opening with $5-$10. My lasat job was like that. Just because the asshole of a owner, would always take whatever money we had over that. It was a bitch, when someone would pay with a $20 or more
                              Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                              San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Working...
                              X