This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I.P. Freleigh's vendor vexation!

A few pieces of information before I get on with this particular tale of woe:

1. When we were re-organizing our backroom earlier this month (as ordered by our district manager), it became necessary for us to move merchandise from vendors to different spots in the backroom, including the greeting card vendor. This vendor has a rose as its logo, so I will refer to it as "the Rose company".

2. The two local reps for the rose company were supposed to move their merchandise to a couple sections of shelves we set aside for them. But on the day this was supposed to happen, we got about a couple inches of snow and the reps both called in and said they wouldn't be making it in to move their stuff. (they both live in town) So we ended up having to do it.

3. The local reps are hopeless packrats. When moving their merchandise, we found stuff from Valentine's Day and Christmas, still sitting in boxes waiting to be sent back. Either the Rose company is mucho slow in processing returns and issuing credits, or the reps just don't ever get around to sending the stuff back.

So anyhow, we moved their stuff, because they didn't feel like doing it themselves, so we could get on with re-organizing the backroom.

Today, I was merrily backstocking freight from last night's truck downstairs, when who should I see but the two local reps from the Rose company, along with two other people who I guess were regional or district managers for the Rose company. The local reps took them to the sections we put their stuff in and started pissing and moaning that they didn't have enough space, that they didn't like where we moved them, blah blah blah bling bling bling blah.

Then they started complaining that we stacked their stuff too high on the shelves. Apparently the Rose company has a stipulation in their contract with us that states their merchandise is not to be placed higher than arm's reach for the reps, because their reps are too good to use a ladder or a step stool. We were not made aware of this when we had to move their stuff, but if the local reps would have come in to move everything instead of taking a snow day, that would be a moot point.

The Rose company people went to our backroom supervisor and demanded more room, and she refused. So I guess now the regional managers for the Rose company are going to raise hell with our store manager and demand we move their stuff again, and we will have to do it, because we need the Rose company and their merchandise more than they need us.

This is why I have no use for the vendors. Other than the Frito-Lay guy, they all bring in too much stuff, leave it sit wherever they please, and take their good natured time getting rid of their outdated or out-of-season merchandise.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Just let em' try that where I work

The Tastykake vendor was one of those "I'll do what I please because your company can't turn me away" types...

It's been about 3 years since our store stocked Tastykakes
    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Maybe so, but it probably didn't hurt your sales much. That's just one vendor stocking a product that takes up only a shelf or two in one aisle

If we were to try the same thing with the Rose company, we'd have a huge hole of about 4 aisles in the store where all the greeting cards would have been. And my store is one of the top sellers of greeting cards.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Replace those 4 shelves with adult magazines and various related products. See if it affects sales.
        Bears are bad. If an animal is going to be mean it should look so, like sharks and alligators. - Mark Healey

Comment

Quoth Kilamon View Post
          Replace those 4 shelves with adult magazines and various related products. See if it affects sales.
          Nah, then what will probably happen is that stupid old church wench that gives the rest of us Christians a bad name and was terrorizing Repsac for playing video games in his studio will show up and have the whole store shut down for being immoral.

But sales will be up
          "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
          "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
          My MySpace
          My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            If we were to try the same thing with the Rose company, we'd have a huge hole of about 4 aisles in the store where all the greeting cards would have been.
            Maybe your place of employment can look into other card companies to supply your store...

Maybe...
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
            X