Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mmmm... I'm gonna have to come down on the pro-asparagus side on this one. Saute some asparagus tips in olive oil, add some heavy cream, chicken broth and white pepper, and after reduction, pour the whole thing over four cheese ravioli- and voila, asparagus cream pasta. Nummy nummy num!
    Haikus are easy
    But sometimes they don't make sense
    Refrigerator

Comment

I think the poor little girl meant "asbestos"???

Myself.....I despise asparagus. I found it so random in the movie Goldmember that there just happened to be a plate of Asparagus laying there by the fountain. But then again, someone has already posted that asparagus makes your urine stink.....so maybe that's why they did it.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Yeah, she ment asbestos.

Apparently there's traces of that stuff in the Insulation in the ceiling, so they're walling off entire parts of the store to take it all out, clean it, etc...

They have a contractor coming in on Monday during the morning store meeting to answer ay questions, explaining what they're doing and what precautions they are taking aside from putting up the sealed walls (Floor to ceiling). They're doing daily air tests too.

Anyways, we still tease that girl about Asparagus.
        Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Mmm... I love asparagus... haven't had a decent serving of it for years, though. My mom hates green veggies, but she used to make it for me when I was st-ill going to school.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
            It's understandable, have you ever noticed how asparagus makes your pee SMELL?
            OMG that drives me crazy. Even a little bit does it to me. Like one stalk in a sushi roll and I am gagging from the stench next time I use the head.

Comment

hrm.... I've never noticed odd pee smell from asparagus.... I'll have to pay attention next time I eat some. I *loooooove* asparagus. My kids don't. More for me
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Overshare: I had never, ever noticed that aspact of asparagus, until this week. Apparently I had just never eaten enough of it. Ack!!!

(But still - yummmy asparagus, roasted with Parmesan cheese... mmmmm...)

Comment

I deliberately ate some sauteed asparagus at our family's last Xmas brunch, and was disappointed that my pee didn't smell.
                  Testing
                  "I saw a flock of moosen! There were many of 'em. Many much moosen. Out in the woods- in the woodes- in the woodsen. The meese want the food. The food is to eatenesen."

Comment

I finally found the best asian food place in my new neighborhood this evening and had the best Beef w/Asparagus this evening.

Jinxy
                    That's just my opinion, I could be wrong" ~Dennis Miller
                    http://www.myspace.com/jinxy213
                    http://www.myspace.com/bgge

Comment

Quoth CurlyLocks View Post
                      Ah, but it tastes like ambrosia! I steam it for about 4-5 minutes, spritz a little lemon juice on it, and a bit of salt & pepper - heavenly. We also like it roasted with olive oil & balsamic vinegar.
                      That sounds really good . . . now I'm wanting Asparagus, but with Bernaise sauce.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

ok, I experimented last night with a marinated asparagus salad.... no stinky pee. Maybe it's a metabolism thing.
                        GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

For those who really like asparagus, I have a recipe for pasta w/asparagus sauce. If you can get over the fact that the green sauce looks a little odd, it's quite tasty and a nice light dinner. If anyone wants the recipe you can PM me and I'll be happy to provide it. I also saw a recipe in the new Good Housekeeping for Asparagus Tart that looks promising but I haven't had a chance to make it yet.
                          "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

I think every damn magazine in the world had that asparagus tart this month. It was on the cover of Canadian Living, Coup d'Pouce and a few others up here LOL
                            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                            X