This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• By his toes, I say.

Whoever designed a telephone touch-tone keypad so that it is upside down in order from a computer keyboard's 10-key should be hanged. By his/her toes. Over something really, really smelly.
    He loves the world...except for all the people.
    --Men at Work

I've complained about this before only to be met with looks like I'm crazy.
    Thank goodness I'm not the only one who feels this way!
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Comment

I've been using computers for roughly a quarter of a century, and I never even noticed that before. It never bothered me. Until now.

Damn you!
      Sometimes life is altered.
      Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
      Uneasy with confrontation.
      Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Yes MadMike- you're now doomed to an eternity of dialing wrong numbers- just like ME!

MUAHAHAHA!!!
        "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
        HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
          MUAHAHAHA!!!
          The next thing you know....he'll start looking for an "Enter" key on his phone
          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
            Yes MadMike- you're now doomed to an eternity of dialing wrong numbers- just like ME!

MUAHAHAHA!!!
            Exactly! I've been looking at patient information on my monitor--right in front of me--while dialing my phone--to my right, and reaching all manner of wrong numbers. Gotta stop doing that.

Quoth mae View Post
            The Bog of Eternal Stench!!!

/smell baaaaaad...
            I Labyrinth references!

One of my best friends from high school used to sing the song "Magic Dance" this way: "Pants! Magic pants!" *sigh* Daniel-san, I miss you...
            Last edited by MadMike; 03-30-2007, 08:40 PM. Reason: merge
            He loves the world...except for all the people.
            --Men at Work

Comment

there was a reason for that-when the phone systems were originaly set up for touch tone they were a bit slow-so they switched the order to prevent people from dialing too fast if they were familiar with touch-typing on a 10 key pad. Dailing too fast the phone system couldn't keep up-think of the ancient computers that if you typed faster than 30 WPM there would be a horrible lag-the computer has "buffer memory" that holds the keystrokes, but a telephone doesn't.

blaqueKatt-fountain of obscure knowledge
              Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I spent so much time on register I still don't know how to dial a phone

/almost...
                /not quite...
                /really, i can dial...
                /usually...
                /ok, 37% of the time...
                I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth Noelegy View Post
                  One of my best friends from high school used to sing the song "Magic Dance" this way: "Pants! Magic pants!"
                  While my friend, who was decidedly less elegant, sang it "Junk! Magic junk!" in honor of David Bowie's incredibly tight pants.
                  "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                    The next thing you know....he'll start looking for an "Enter" key on his phone
                    Is it near the Ctrl key?
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth mae View Post
                      The Bog of Eternal Stench!!!

/smell baaaaaad...
                      But I live by my sense of smell! *Sniff* Ah, the air is sweet and fragrant, and none may pass without my permission!

Comment

Working...
                      X