This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods, please move this...

...to the location where I have the strength to deal with this night.

(There Pepper, I finally remembered to do it...12 more times until I'm shot!)

Just had a nice 4 day weekend, so I should be well rested right? Not so, naturally, since all last night I've been having some...er...issues, we'll say, so now I have no sleep, no energy, an upset stomach, and barely any appetite to supply myself with energy. Thankfully it should be a quiet week, but I can barely summon the energy to stand up and hop in the shower right now. How I'm going to make it through a 10 hour shift is beyond me.

If someone could kindly stop by my hotel and put me out of my misery, I'd appreciate it. Just make it quick, please, I'm in enough of a bad mood as is.
    "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

I've had those days. Hugs. Do you at least get to get away for lunch/dinner break?
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Technically I have a working lunch since I'm alone all night. I get to stay seated to do a lot of the paperwork, thankfully, but it's going to be a long, long night...

Comment

Ugh. Coffee.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

If I could I would - care to sponsor my plane ticket from South Africa? Could make you cupcakes and cookies...
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
            If I could I would - care to sponsor my plane ticket from South Africa? Could make you cupcakes and cookies...
            I'd settle for chloroform and a bullet to the head

Comment

I could try calling my cousin-in-law...she's out your way. :P

Or maybe you could try an energy drink? Maybe like 5-hour energy or Bawls?
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

The problem isn't so much energy, as it is this bug just sapping me...I could down caffeine and such all night but still have nothing left in me. Best part? Now I gotta go start cooking for the breakfast So I'll be washing my hands a lot...

Wharrgarbl. Sleep time can't come soon enough...

Comment

Quoth KhirasHY View Post
                  The problem isn't so much energy, as it is this bug just sapping me...I could down caffeine and such all night but still have nothing left in me. Best part? Now I gotta go start cooking for the breakfast So I'll be washing my hands a lot...
                  IANAD, but may I suggest that you get your iron levels checked? What you're describing is exactly what I'm dealing with at the moment: I will down a Pepsi or whatever and still be knackered.
                  Now we're trying to work out if the low iron is due to me being borderline anaemic or if there's something else amiss.
                  The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I'm not worried about that Fireheart I'm 99.9% sure that my lack of energy is related to the fact that I was sick yesterday (and tonight, really). Not to be too nasty about it, but let's just say that I spent a lot of time...uh...well, in the bathroom overnight at work You get the picture.

I do feel better today...more energy, plus I have an appetite, which is also helping. I couldn't bring myself to eat more than a few bites of anything yesterday, and tonight I've been snacking on small things like yogurt and crackers that won't upset my stomach at all.

Now I just hope I feel better by Saturday...since I just realized today that Saturday is 4/20, and people are probably going to annoy me. That said, stoners and ecstasy rollers tend to be the happiest, most friendly guests we get (we've had a few hippie/raver concerts ) so I'm not sure they will cause too many problems...

Comment

Working...
                    X