This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm almost free!!!!!

Handed in the resignation at the telephonic sweat shop that I've called my place of employ today!

That was about 30 seconds after I got the e-mail saying "Welcome to the New Place!".

Yes, I had it already written, printed and signed.

I can't wait until Thursday when I can wave the final to the salescritters and start dealing with them from the other side of the negotiating table.

Oh, the sweet revenge - being able to beat them at their own game!

Not only am I getting back to the more hands-on stuff, there's a nice raise and the commute gets cheaper and easier.

Kinda happy tonight.

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Congratulations!
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Congrats- and here's to better employment!

Your title was amusing for a moment when I read it. I thought "does 'almost free' mean your a cheap date?"

"I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
      HellGate: London

Comment

NA, is it strange that I see a correlation between your joke and your icon?

Comment

NA - Cheap dates are my specialty!

For once, I can't wait until Monday with the new job.

2007 may mark a rare year - I actually put on the suit <gasp> 3 times.

And a miracle happened - the old job actually didn't call!

Seems the only way I can get week off and some peace and quiet from the last place was to quit!

Guess it will be safe to post the tales of the salescritters now.

B
          "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
          I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Nice one on the new job... given the fact that theres been a few 'new job' posts here recently, heres hoping the luck jumps to me, cos unemployment is getting seriously boring now.

Dragonlover
            You have no idea how many ponchos can fit in a box- Me, after may first day at the warehouse

Comment

Working...
            X