This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone else done this?

So for me, my job is pretty much on-call to a point. I can book myself to fill in shifts whenever I have free time (and I've been doing it quite a lot lately).

Lately however, I've been doing the el stupid thing with booking shifts.

I'll go and book myself into shifts. Then I'll go and look at the date and realise that I already have something on.

Luckily the things that I DO have on have been easy to reschedule for the most part.

Anyone else done this?

On a sidenote, I finally have a regular shift for next term! *happy song, happy dance*
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Yeah, you'd better go have a word for whoever keeps scheduling you at times when you know you...need...to...

Oh yeah o_O
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Haven't done this with a job, but with things I do.

I had book club one Friday and, while it usually doesn't run real late, it's still around 10/11 when I get home. I realized this after I sent an answer to an e-mail saying, "sure I'll come and crew on the balloon Saturday morning". Which meant that we would be meeting up at 5:30am and I would have to get up at 4:30.

Luckily though, my pilot decided late Friday afternoon to cancel because the wind was going to be too high Saturday morning. *whew*
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I did this twice for the following week.

One of those days I have a workshop at uni. The other day I have a psychology appointment.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

I have a diary (a physical one) that I keep on me at aaaaaaall times to avoid this. I used to be a giant scatterbrain and I find writing down as much as I can keeps me organised. We also have a calender on the fridge so the boyfriend can keep up with group events and the like since he never checks Facebook.

Comment

I have a calendar that is on my computer desktop to help me keep up with the various appointments. I can see what's scheduled when and try not to pull a stupid... like having jury duty (not my fault, they email two days before I have to go in!) and a just "hey you're okay," type doc appoint (which was scheduled three weeks out). Reschedule the doc appoint easy peasy though.

Rainlender is the calendar I use.
            If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
            X