This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well at least I'll be busy...

bg: I work for what's basically a daycare for school-aged kids.

During the school holidays, we also run a program for the kids. It's a 2-week program we have, with two excursions over the holidays, SIX visits from other people and then 2 days that are entirely ours. The setup has been VERY thorough and bossman has listed this basically as follows:

-1 person is doing a prepared activity from a list of activities already provided.
    -1 person is taking kids outside for an activity that is either created or provided.
    -1 person is doing an activity created by them for the day.
    -Anyone else is floating.

Despite the fact that I'm still a newbie, I am hitting the ground running on this one. Almost literally.

I am working almost 3 days a week over the two week period. Over those two weeks, for me, the setup is something like this:

-Day 1: provided activity + variants (outdoor), watch little kids, created activity(indoor!), go home.
    Day 2: participate in visit, afternoon tea, do whatever

Day 3: Create an activity (indoor), watch big kids, provided activity, visit, go home.
    Day 4: Excursion ALL day. (I didn't want to push my luck by taking two excursion slots )
    Day 5: Create an activity, float, pack up.

So basically, 3 days I have to make activities for. Already I'm stuck on two of those days >.> Ironically, the one day I have an idea for an activity that links to the theme, is the day that I don't have to plan anything >.>
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...
Working...
X