This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My manager is leaving. :(

I have been a hospital employee for almost 11 years. My current manager is without a doubt, THE BEST MANAGER I have ever had. She is approachable, genuine and helpful. Even more amazing, she is around on night shift (which is almost unheard of for hospital management). Shes awesome.

She let us know 2 weeks ago that her last day is July 24th. Its upsetting. I told her Id miss her. She says that management isnt suited for her and she accepted another position as a a staff nurse at a different hospital.

She also asked me (seriously) if I wanted to apply for her job..... Um, no but thanks, I think. I have no desire to be a manager. I see how she has jacked up her own life schedule just for this. Which is why she's going back to being a peon, I guess.

Ill miss her. I'm also terrified at the prospect of who will be replacing her....

You have my sympathies. My manager at my PT job is looking. TPTB have all but told her she needs to look, but they have nothing on her to let her go, so they are concentrating on making her life as miserable as possible. One part of me hopes she finds something quickly so she can tell them F you and go, but hte other part is scared to death of who might come in to replace her.

Comment

Working...
    X