This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jobless in MD

So we just got word yesterday at 2pm that our office is being closed down. We have 'till 4/13. Yes, re-read that... we have a week and a half until we're all out of a job.

So here I sit, dusting off my resume that I happily haven't looked at in months. I beat my 6 month streak, but I'm bummed I'm back to job searches every day.

Wish me luck.
    I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
    "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

I'm north of Baltimore and I need a concrete quaility control tech.

Good luck with your search.

Comment

I'm so sorry. That's so sucky to give you such short notice, too. It sounds like you're experienced, though, so I don't think you'll have a problem, even though it sucks to look for a job when you've had one you're happy at. I have faith in you. Good luck!
      "If you are planning not to tip, please let your server know before ordering so they can decide whether or not to wait on you" - from an advice column I read some time ago

Comment

That really rots! I hope you'll be able to find a new job very quickly.
        "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

That sucks. Good luck, keep us updated with the job hunt.
          No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Good Luck!! :fingers crossed:

You'll be fine! I have faith in you too
            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You could always marry Princess Katie and fly for free.......
              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Well if Katie would have me... LoL J/K

There are a few good things I can harp on that are helping me to barely scrape by today:

My car needed $800 worth of works (the brakes were shot so it's not like I could have put that one off), but luckily because the mechanic I go to is the same one I've been going to since I started driving, and my family has brought them quite a bit of business over the years, they were willing to do the repair work and extend me a "credit" of sorts. I explained my situation prior to approving the work, and they were ok with doing it anyway and letting me pay when I can. That's a load off my shoulders.

I have had some interest in my resume, though half are either sales positions that require cold calling and commissions (don't get me wrong-I need a job, but I also need to know what's gonna be in my check when I open that envelope every two weeks) or temp agencies (and lets face it, my resume already makes me cringe when I look at the history). I have an interview tomorrow with a marketing firm that is literally 1 mile from my house. I could ride a bike there and not get winded... so we'll see how that goes.

I still have my health, my bf is finally understanding that fate is out to get me (I musta thoroughly pissed off some kinda diety) but he's very supportive and confident that I'll bounce back, my mom is willing to help if needed, and my bunnies still love me no matter what.

Hope you all had a great Easter, and I'll keep ya posted.
                I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

Working...
                X