This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marketing - names?

So we have this new phone, the Samsung Upstage.

I'm a theatre geek (amongst other things), and to me, upstage means to steal the spotlight (derogatory). What next? The LG Bragger? The Motorola One-Ups-Man? The Sanyo Show-Off?

I guess in this day and age where model numbers are dead (in a way, that's good, people always associate a lower number with a downgrade) you'd expect to have an interesting name like this every now and then?

Like, we have the RAZR and the KRZR. What does KRZR stand for? Krappy RAZR.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Quoth draggar View Post
    Like, we have the RAZR and the KRZR. What does KRZR stand for? Krappy RAZR.

actually the KRZR is a much more durable/sturdy phone-My center orders at least 200 warranty swaps for RAZRs a week, for some customers they're on the 4th or 5th phone in less than a year-all defective within a couple months-but we only do about 10 KRZRs a week-I love my KRZR K1M!!!
    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

I have the SLVR, which has done nothing but work fine, but then again I've only had it a month.

It's a nice phone. Not the fanciest thing out there, but it's fancy to me.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I've had my RAZR quite a while now, and had no problems, unless I did something to the phone. It's had a few little fits when dropped, and is scratched all to heck, but it works just fine.
        "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Working...
        X