This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to make a giant neon sign

that flashes and goes "bzzzzt bzzzzt bzzzzzt" and place it at the front of the paint desk. It will say, in giant neon letters "Spray paint. End of aisle 5. Left side. Directly across from the garbage cans."
    That is the question I hear the most in the paint department. "Where is the spray paint?" It's clearly written in foot-high letters. We only have 30 feet of display area for the spray paint. I can see how easy it is to miss that.
    I only worked 5 hours today; 4 on the floor, and the last hour was after we closed, zoning and facing the aisles. In the four hours I was actually with customers, I was asked that question 19 times. Yes. NINETEEN TIMES! That's 4.75 questions per hour.
    A customer asked me "Why isn't it in the paint department?" I wanted to say: "It IS in the paint department. See the shellac next to it? See the varnish? See the staining products? Leave me alone."

Starting tomorrow and going thru this weekend, I'm going to make a list of FAQs I get. They won't be the "legitimate" paint questions like "Are there any VOCs in this paint?" They will be the stupid questions that I deal with every day. Then I will post them on here. Aren't you guys lucky?
    Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

What you should do is make a button (remember to wear your bajillion pieces of flair) that says "Ask me where our spray paint is".

My theory is that now that you have made a sign asking them to do something, they wont ask anymore. You must harness the power of the SC's to work in your favor.
    My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

I think digilight's idea is more likely to work.

Remember. No SCs read signs. Even blinky flashy ones. They might look at it, but they won't read it.
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Maybe wire it so if they ask you anyway, they get an electric shock? Either that, or ask if you can have a trapdoor/ceiling tube installed a la Mr Burns?
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X