This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a trade off, really.

We had a Sidewalk Sale today. It was a beautiful day- warm, sunny, not too much wind. I had a lovely day being paid to sit outside listening to my MP3 player, drinking soda and smoking cigarettes.

So what's the trade off you ask?

Well, outside people feel much less inhibited. I got to deal with every single creepy, lonely guy in town today. I was called Honey, Baby, Sweety, Sweetheart, Darlin'... oh, just think of any annoying thing like that- I was called it today. I have a "Personal Bubble" that I really don't like people to step into. These guys have zero concept of personal space. Then there were the drive-by's honks, waves, "Whoo"s and one guy slowed down and said, "Lookin' good Slim!"

Gee... thanks... I'm thrilled. And, truthfully, I've never been called Slim before- makes me feel like some guy in an old spaghetti western. So, he gets points for originality I suppose.

All in all it was a good day. I decided that while it was annoying it was also relatively harmless and not a good enough reason to go inside and deal with any actual customers or SC's.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

I'd hate to be called Slim... first thing that comes to my mind is Slim Dusty aka "Australia's King of Country Music"
    Thankfully I only seem to get old women and country-type blokes who call me names like sweetheart, hun, dahlin', etc. Except for that one drunk who came in with his children... *shivers*
    Re: Quiche.
    Pie is manly.
    Eggs, meat, and cheese are manly.
    Therefore, making an egg, meat, and cheese pie must be very manly.
    So sayeth Spiffy McMoron!

Comment

What is it with guys who think driving by in a car gives the license to yell anything they want at every chick they pass?

A few years ago I was playing mini-golf with a guy who I was friends with but not (yet) dating...some guys drove by and yelled "Your girlfriend has a nice ass!"

Um, gee, thanks. How sweet.
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
        What is it with guys who think driving by in a car gives the license to yell anything they want at every chick they pass?
        Or random insults at anyone. Although it beats low flying eggs.
        ludo ergo sum

Comment

I will preface this by saying I was young and foolish. I shall further preface this by saying I have the hand-eye coordination of a retarded vole on mescaline, so it was a one off anyway.

I went to lunch with a friend of mine, and as we were leaving, we stood on the street corner, waiting to cross the street. Dude in a 4x4 swings around the corner, and his passenger is hanging (literally, his hips were resting on the window channel) out of the window, and yells something obscene about our respective "chests". So, in a moment of anger, I grab a pebble (one of those lovely decorative river rocks, about the size of a half dollar that appear only by the grace of uncreative landscape designers) off the ground and huck it at him. I figured I could hope for a high shot at best, maybe twang his antenna. Passenger dude caught it. With his face.

Now, I didn't throw it hard, and he was moving in the same direction as the rock, so I think he was okay, judging by the lack of blood and the utterly suprised look he gave me till he was out of sight. I know, I know, I could have hit a windshield or dome some serious damage, but I doubt he'll be hollering at any girls on the street again soon.
          Anyway, I feel bad about what might have happened, but sans major damage, I think it's comeuppance of the best sort.
          Haikus are easy
          But sometimes they don't make sense
          Refrigerator

Comment

Would you rather have them quoting Deuce Bigelow when he was dating the tall girl?

Oh, you do? OK. FREAK! That's a huge bitch! BOHEMOTH!!!!!!! j/k

Take them as compliments, creepy, but compliments.
            Quote Dalesys:
            ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Working...
            X