This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yuck and weird

This isn't as gross as many things I've read here but this lady come in and hands me a frying pan. It's full of grease and food bits. Apparently, it had been laying in the parking lot just as though someone had fried up some dinner out there and left it.

I got grease all over my hands- yuck.

You want to guess how often people leave their used frying pans in front of a video store? First time for everything I suppose.

Weird.
    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
    HellGate: London

Oh my. That is nasty.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

But why? Why would she bring it to you? Why not just throw it out? Video stores & frying pans do not go together in my world.
      The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Exactly! Why did she hand it to you? But more importantly, WHY DID YOU TAKE IT?
        Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

So... strange...
          There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Comment

There is no outside trash can which is why she brought it inside to throw away. There used to be but we think someone stole it. Go figure.

I took it because I don't want the outside of my store to look trashy. To me a nasty old frying pan in the parking lot looks trashy. Besides, I wasn't going to make a potential paying customer (which she did wind up buying quite a bit) upset over it.

I'll reserve my battles for used tissues or soiled diapers.
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

Sides, you can clean the pan and use it to recreate classic Tom n Jerry scenes when its slow
              The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                Sides, you can clean the pan and use it to recreate classic Tom n Jerry scenes when its slow
                That or a scene from "The Beverly Hillbillies." Remember Granny chasing Jethro w/the cast iron skillet?
                Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Well, that's a new one. A frying pan?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X