This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need me to take what?

Twice a week, my bookkeeper/manager job turns into courier duty. I run around between veterinary hospitals, picking up and dropping off whatever needs to be transferred. Here are some of the things I've been asked to move:

Paperwork of all sizes, cat carriers, polo shirts, work smocks, rubber gloves, leashes, manilla envelopes, plastic bags, cat muzzles, sterilized syringes, medicines, cadaver bags, fuzzy toy mice, charity pamphlets, a dental x-ray machine, moniters and keyboards, a typewriter, that plastic thing you put on the floor under rolly chairs, a dead cat, live cats, a goat, a flying squirrel, a pizza, sunglasses, keys, x-rays, a six pack of beer, a centrifuge, folder labels, coffee filters, washing machine filters, towels, a purse, Disney movies on vhs, a tv, jumper cables, a cellphone, a fruit basket, newspaper, a garden hose, some wooden boards, grass seed, batteries, bandaids, a microwave, a pack of cards, and a queen sized bed (I had to say no because I didn't have enough room).

But, I thought Gryphons could carry *anything* especially if they had one of those lift basket thingies...

Oh, wait, that's just your nickname... What *was* I thinking? (-;
    I'm sorry to inform you that my capacity to care has taken a plunge, much like the popularity of Tom Cruise after his "you don't know the history of psychiatry" rant on national TV.

Comment

Do they pay you mileage for that? Or do you have a company car?
      Age and wisdom don't necessarily go together. Some people just become stupid with more authority.

"Who put the goat in there? The yellow goat I ate."

Comment

Quoth Knightmare View Post
        Do they pay you mileage for that? Or do you have a company car?
        Both, actually, but I have to pay wear and tear and such.

Comment

so what were the movies? The Aristocats and Lady and the Tramp?
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            so what were the movies? The Aristocats and Lady and the Tramp?
            I think it was Alladin and Beauty and the Beast. We have old junky vhs-included tvs in the wait rooms, and one of our hospitals isn't set up for cable. So, movies.

Comment

I just reread your list, and it occured to me...

Where does the goat sit on the ride over?
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

And how long did it take for the goat smell to go away?? (The Ex used to take care of a friend's goats. Two years and multiple launderings later, and I can still smell the goat musk on his jacket... ew). (The goats were very nice animals though!)

Comment

The goat sat in the back, on towels. They'd sedated it a bit, so it lay quietly for the 100 mile ride.

Comment

Working...
                  X