This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working in a hospital

I've been offered a job as an outpatients administrator at my local hospital.

The job is advertised as: "Exciting vacancies have arisen in the Outpatient team within the Hospital. The department offers a friendly and patient focussed service to over 200,000 patients each year, in ten clinic locations.

We are looking for enthusiastic people with an administrative background who are eager to support our continuing effort to improve patient services. You will need to have excellent customer service skills and be committed to your own development and that of the team. An aptitude to use IT systems and to work on your own initiative to best practice principles is essential.

This is an exciting time in the Outpatient Department as we are working towards improving services and choice for patients and reducing waiting times. This front line role is pivotal to the delivery of the service and to the experience of the patients who come to clinic."

It seems like a nice place to work and I want to return to the public sector because of that. I'm sick of being a flight attendant and I want to move home. I've applied for loads of admin jobs and I need to move quickly as my house lease down near the airport runs out at the end of May. The pay is less than I'm on now but I'd have more leave, better pension, more stable job prospects than the aviation world, flexible working and I'd be living at home again. Oooo and I get a free uniform blouse to wear

I'd be interested to hear about anyone's experience in a similar role. I know they'd be SC's in the form of patients but a lot of work would be behind the scenes admin as well as working on the outpatient clinic reception desks.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

Has anyone worked in a hospital please? Flying is driving me mad, working admin in a hospital can not be as bad as that can it?

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
      Has anyone worked in a hospital please? Flying is driving me mad, working admin in a hospital can not be as bad as that can it?
      I work in one, but not in Outpatient services. From what I read, you would be in what we call Outpatient admissions. In our hospital they greet the patient, get the order (if it is not pre-entered), take demographics (if they have been in before it is just confirmed, not reentered), get insurance information, and advise them of all of the paperwork. Our admissions people don't get that many SCs, due to the simple fact that all billing is after the fact and handled by a separate department. If you want, most Outpatient areas are next to a waiting room. Sit down and observe noone will notice.

Comment

Thanks! I am looking forward to handing my notice in to my airline!

Comment

I hope the new job works out well for you!
          "Full price for gum?! That dog won't hunt, monsignor." - Philip J. Fry

Comment

Hospital workings

Yes, I did. For 18 months.

This was in the UK though, and a NHS hospital. Feel free to pm me.

I'd tell a lot on here, but it makes me easy to identify.

Comment

If you would like to say anything you want to patients and get away with it while working at a hospital the Paramedic position is right for you. You can gat away by saying the following

#1 We won't be so patient with you the next time you call us
              #2 Don't bug her
              #3 you can't fool us
              #4 Are you on drugs
              Providing Excellent customer service and Filtering out nonsense people.

Comment

Working...
              X