Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Many Times Have Your or Your Boss Been Told to Resign?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Times Have Your or Your Boss Been Told to Resign?

I was watching the latest episode of "The Office," and I actually found myself feeling sorry for Michael. (Currently, I'm working for a Michael, but not as nice.)

It was something that happened that I've heard so many times on this board. There was a problem with some paper (basically, unhappy employee changed watermark to obscene picture involving certain cartoon animals). A customer showed up to complain, and immediately demanded that Michael resign over the error, since he was the "head of the company."

Michael pointed out he was only the branch manager, but the woman kept on and on, demanding his resignation.

Usually, I fast forward through the Michael sections, but this part was so familiar I had to watch it.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

I love that show, I think its hilarious. But I wasn't laughing during that scene, because it hit too close to home. Typical entitlement whore making incredibly unreasonable demands.
    I just posted about this in another thread, but I'll say it again here: Why does the loss of someone's job make anything right? If something is a genuine mistake, and not done on purpose, why can't a customer just take the apology and move on?

If you have to ask, it's probably better posted at www.fratching.com

Comment

Maybe the customer thinks they're doing America a favor by ridding the company of this employee. I don't know.

Off topic, I love The Office, too. I think that last Thursday's episode was phenom.
      "I am the me I choose to be"
      -Sydney Poitier
      I (love) "The Office"
      "This month we're having a special on cardstock."
      -Jim Halpert

Comment

WTF. I just love that leap in logic how something an employee did a boss' back and that some how means it was his fault and he should resign. I don't understand why people get off on other people losing their jobs. I could understand if they asked for that specific employee to be terminated, but c'mon. Even if he were to resign, the problem employee would still be there. Would they fire the next manager and so on and so forth? Got logic?

Comment

It's a power trip thing. Then they can go back to their bridge club and brag to the rest of their little shrewish friends.

Comment

Quoth volatile View Post
            Got logic?
            Perhaps you haven't heard, but BeckySunshine went deep into enemy territory and smuggled out the ancient secret, protected by Sucky Customers for centuries... and that secret is:

If It Makes Sense, It's Not Allowed™

...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
            X