This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No smoking!

in june 1st all enclosed areas in licenced premeses in my state are going smoke free. talk around the floor is we are going smoke free with the exclusion of our VIP slots and table rooms.

this is the assumption at the moment whilst the big wigs negotiate with the govt over the situation but i'm not holding my breath. i'm not looking forward to when this comes in as i am an attendant i'll get bombarded with 50 bajillion questions and i'm not looking forward to telling them they can't have a smoke.
    The mere fact that we have the flamethrower means that someone, somewhere once said "You know, I'd really like to set those customers over there on fire, but don't possess the means to do it"

Good luck with that.

Comment

I feel for you. I totally do.

Word on the news a few years ago when nearly all of Minnesota went smoke free was that there were almost riots and outrages in the bars.

I went to Minnesota in January 06 for my bday to go to a gay bar (and boy did I feel out of place!) to see a drag show, and it sucked that everyone had to go outside to smoke. The city must have felt a little bad and made heated poles/lamps outside most restaurants and clubs, but the heat only permeated a few feet radius around the poles/lamps.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post

Word on the news a few years ago when nearly all of Minnesota went smoke free was that there were almost riots and outrages in the bars.
        I don't remember hearing of any riots... I have friends going to school in the cities, and they never told me about riots.
        When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

Well it's been a few years, I still lived at home and it was on the local news because Wisconsin people have been desperately trying for the same thing for just as long but haven't succeeded everywhere quite yet.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            Well it's been a few years, I still lived at home and it was on the local news because Wisconsin people have been desperately trying for the same thing for just as long but haven't succeeded everywhere quite yet.
            Rochester goes smoke-free here pretty soon... I'll let you know of any riots.
            When will the fantasy end? When will the heaven begin?

Comment

I think Madison is already smoke free. It's going to take quite a while for the little piss farm cities and smaller bigger cities up north to go completely smoke free.

I'll let you know when the masses riot and loot the bars in my area lol.

Comment

NZ bars went smoke free a couple of years ago, I remember going to a club a few weeks after and coming home not reeking of smoke and not having a raw throat, it was So nice. The only downside was now you could smell alot more sweat in the air.... lovely

The bar still smelt like stale smoke but the doorman (we knew old highschool friend) said that they had been shampooing the carpets every monday trying to get rid of the smell and they were finally going to just replace it. Im so used to it now in BC id find it strange to see people smoking now indoors!
                I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

While I am, in general, glad to see public places go smoke-free, there are certain places that you just need that haze and smell to get the right ambiance. I couldn't imagine going into some of the old Blues dives I know and finding out the place was smoke free. I don't smoke, but it would ruin the feel of the bar.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

They're doing this here in England, and while I don't care about the no smoking, they're also raising the age at which you can buy fags to 18, so I do feel sorry for all the 16-17 year olds who smoke and won't be able to buy after June 1. I also feel sorry for any cashiers who get caught out by it and fined some silly amount of money because they automatically serve a regular who is will be underage but isn't at the moment.

Dragonlover
                    You have no idea how many ponchos can fit in a box- Me, after may first day at the warehouse

Comment

I bet it was fun when they first stopped people smoking on airplanes.

It's illegal to smoke now and I've never had trouble of passengers.
                      No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

We've been smoke free here in california for several years now. They went thru the natural progression, first govt buildings (all levels), then offices/retail locations, then restaraunts, bars were the last to go. There was a huge stink leading up to it but it died out pretty quickly. There were some bar owners who found a loophole in the law. It said that a bar could allow smoking if the owner was the only employee. I don't know of any of the places that went to this method that have stuck it out though. But the ones that did made a butt load of money for a short period because of it.

Now-a-days though when we go to vegas or laughlin its strange seeing people smoking indoors. But I noticed the last time we were in nevada that the resteraunts seemed to have gone non smoking.
                        My Karma ran over your dogma.

Comment

Simple, they're all given status as private contractors.
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I believe that if you set up your place like a private club with membership required, you can have smoking inside.

But my info is at least several years to a decade out of date.

^-.-^
                            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                            X