This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not sure how to take this...

I had a note in my mailbox at work this morning from my boss (with whom there is much tension between her and I). I expected it to be a bitch note, but instead it was basically like 3 pages of compliments.

Which is cool.

Thing is, it was like...stuff I'm either not very good at, or things I don't do at all. And I dunno how to take it. Like maybe I'm just not as sucky as I thought I was and I'm actually on a roll there, and I'm just being paranoid and don't know how to take a compliment. Or maybe she's just buttering me up, or its supposed to be sarcastic..lol...or maybe I'm just a nut.

Any thoughts?

It might be legit, or it might be a ploy to make you go "Uh-oh. Boss thinks I do this stuff, and well, so I better start picking it up." Kind of a guilt trip, or what-have-you.
    Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

I'd take it as either praise or encouragement, and just keep doing your best to improve on your weak areas. That's all you can do, and hopefully the boss thinks you have the potential to be great at them.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

What JustADude said. That's what I was thinking, and he said it better.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X