This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
    She will also chat with extras, but she is so completely vanilla white-bread and a little dim.

^-.-^
    She who, blonde ex stripper or brown lil perky? (it's 11 PM and I can't remember any names besides Grissom and Nick. I'M TIRED.)
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

I don't actually watch the show. I've only seen the one episode, and that one irritated me. It's just too far away from how things really work for me. *shrug*

Marg Helgenberger. She plays Catherine Willows. She's nice enough, but not someone I could have a conversation with for any length of time.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Marg Helgenberger. She plays Catherine Willows. She's nice enough, but not someone I could have a conversation with for any length of time.

^-.-^
        Completely off-topic... but the topic's somewhere a couple time-zones away and getting further...

I really wouldn't have expected that, based on how well she plays the character. A friend who works in theater once said, and I quote, "Some people put so much of themselves into their art that they don't have any left over for life". Guess that applies here.

PS Which episode and which shot?
        ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
        And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I once lived in a house that could totaly put Mr Son-of-Hair-Cakes to shame. I worked full time and was not involved in the kitchen chores (nor did I do any of the cooking at the time). I decided I wanted to cook myself a pot of ramen. The pot was in the sink, half full of food and with a hotbed breeding pool of maggots!

I have no idea what was originally in the pot. I opened the window and dumped it directly outside. That was shortly before the whole setup broke up, so I never had ot deal with anything like that again.

Continuing OT:

I'm a furry. I bet (if you're a fan) that you could guess the episode without me telling. The actual name of the episode was "Fur & Loathing."

It makes most of us wince to watch it, and we all are soooooo glad that they didn't go with their first ideas for the episode. Thankfully, one of the locals also happens to be a consultant in the television industry, so it was rather less heinous than otherwise. But we still have people selling shirts with a roadkill fursuiter on the back and the legend, "I thought it was a coyote." It's a huge joke in the fandom. At least the fake convention was PAF Con... can you imagine if they'd decided it was Furries and Plushies and not the other way around?

You can barely catch the back of my head in the "runway" scene. My boyfriend had a closeup of his face with a pan to the stars during the filming, but it got cut when that scene was shortened.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

...The pot was in the sink, half full of food and with a hotbed breeding pool of maggots!....

...I'm a furry...
            Say no more, and yeah, I found that episode pretty hilarious in the way it portrayed things... and back ON topic:

EEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! Maggots! Nasty! Icky! Yucky! I would've brained someone with the pan if things got that far.
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I've got a pretty tough stomach, just as long as there are no smells. I can't handle bad smells. I don't clean the cat box, I don't clean up if the cat yaks on the carpet, and I can't handle the smell or sound of someone throwing up. *twitch* I can't handle the smell of brewing coffee or burning butter, either.

But maggots are actually really clean, and if the stuff they're eating doesn't smell, I have no problems dealing with it.

Did you know that you can use maggots to clean out a wound so it won't be/stay infected? They won't eat living flesh, so they're not harmful if they're clean when introduced, but they will eat any nectrotic flesh.

^-.-^

Comment

Yes, yes I did know that. It's not the maggots themselves that disgust me, it's the fact that the stuff was mouldering that long.

Comment

Working...
                X