This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wish me luck

As you know, I work on the data desk of a call center. One of my previous jobs was that of a trainer, and in my very first corporate job, I was a Senior Helpdesk Analyst, Training and Orientation officer, and manual writer.

They have opened up a temporary data trainer position, and I have applied for it. Initially I will still be at the desk, taking calls, but if a permanent training position opens up, the temp trainer gets first refusal. This will hopefully mean more money as well, which would be nice.

So I'm really hoping I get this. I'm the unofficial trainer anyways, but I have to take a test and give a presentation as part of the application process. Could you please hold thumbs for me??
    Last edited by iradney; 05-14-2007, 03:45 PM.
    The report button - not just for decoration

Good luck!!!

I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
    ...but I'm a bastard and so desensitized to the scum of humanity that I'm immune to the Stun status effect.
    Quoth Gravekeeper

Comment

I'm beaming any and all spare luck I find your way! Good luck!
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

*holding thumbs*

Best of luck!
        -"One ring to rule them all!"-Elias
        -Ask yourself, "WWRKHTSCCJ:TMD?"

Comment

UPDATE:

Well, I'm fuming. I'm so mad I could kiss a rattlesnake.
          I passed the written test. yay.
          The second part of the application process is the presentation. Mine has been ready since last week Wednesday. First I was supposed to do it on Friday. I arrive all gussied up and ready to roll, and I find out it's been deferred to Monday.
          Monday arrives, I'm all gussied up and ready to roll. Nope, one of the other guys who has applied needs to switch with me, as management didn't check the roster and arranged for his presentation to be done on his day off. So, being a nice person, I agree to the switch.

Today is the day I was supposed to do my presentation. Gussied up, ready to roll, etc etc. The presentation time slot rolls around and...nothing. Bupkiss. Sweet Fanny Adams. The manager who BOOKED the time slot is NOT. HERE. And of course, because HE'S not here, none of the other 3 or 4 people that would be in the presentation are interested in listening.

I'm incredibly pissed off. I've been put off and deferred and swopped, and now the fool that organised the whole thing isn't here. I find it incredibly insulting that I have been ready for so long, and they KNOW I've been ready for a while now. I've already decided, if I don't do it today, I'm not doing it at all. If my reward for being prompt and ahead of schedule is to be pushed back and back some more, then they can keep the sodding job. There's not even a guarantee of there being extra money for it anyway!

*fume*

Comment

Yegods!

Wow, they're disorganized.

I'm curious. How many others have given presentations, and how many of them are female?

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

There's only 3 of us that applied. The last two of us *finally* did our presentations this afternoon. I'm the only female in the group, the others were guys.
              I really couldn't care if I get it or not, to be honest. If they're that disorganised arranging the stupid presentations, can you imagine what'd it be like when you have to do the actual training itself?
              Chaos! Mayhem! etc etc. And I don't handle chaos well...like I've said before, I'm very uptight about How Things Are Done.

Comment

I'm the same way, especially when I'm training people.

If there is a reason for the procedure, I will fight tooth and nail to force people to follow it. And there will be much gnashing of teeth should someone bypass it because they were lazy and didn't want to bother to do it right.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X