This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Short and goofy

Here's a brain teaser for you. It may not seem too weird at first, but then after you think about it, it hits you.

I work for the NEWSPAPER. Writing, spelling and all that.

Yet one of my obits just came to me with a pronunciation guide handwritten over the name. And this isn't a regular thing. This funeral home sends things all the time. This is brand-new.

Pronunciation. For the newspaper.

Think about it.

Double-U. Tee. Eff.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Oh for the love of.....

That would be more suited to the local radio station, if they read the local obits each day. The one in my city does every morning (not that I listen, but I know they used to and assume they still do). That's small-town radio for you.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Oh-kay....

I wonder if that was something the family insisted on. Some people can be really twitchy about how people say their names.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I would try to give you a reason for that but I'd probably get a headache. Man...
        "Being crazy was the only thing that kept me from going insane."
        - Raven

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          That would be more suited to the local radio station, if they read the local obits each day.
          Maybe the funeral home sends the same obit out to the radio station, too. Just a thought, otherwise...

Comment

Working...
          X