Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Must everything we do become unintentionally hilarious?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must everything we do become unintentionally hilarious?

So the exterior of my store is being painted tonight. This is part of some new, big corporate image that my store is going to be the first to have. As part of this, there will be new logos and new signs that will be covered up by banners and unveiled as part of some big media event.

The store manager told us what it's going to look like. The main color is supposedly off-white, but he says it looks more like a cream color or even a chalky yellow. There is a canopy over the main entrance that is supposed to be painted some shade of brown.

Yes, dear friends. I fear our new image may be based on two of the major bodily outputs. But then again I have yet to see the whole thing, so maybe it won't look that bad. But if it does......
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
    I fear our new image may be based on two of the major bodily outputs. But then again I have yet to see the whole thing, so maybe it won't look that bad. But if it does......
    If it DOES look bad, we need pics!!!!!!

Any word on puke-colored mats?
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

I would send pics, but that would give away where I work, and I'm trying not to give out too much info about that.

I might give like little swatches, to give an idea of what the colors look like together

Comment

At what kind of shop do you work? Is it the normal kind, in a normal building, made out of wood and bricks, or is it the kind housed in an enormous windowless cinderblock box? 'Cause the latter wouldn't look as good in brown and chalky yellow.
        You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

We are your typical big-box store. Only windows to be found are in the entrance doors.

I drove past today and actually I think it will look decent. The white looks like a cream color, and they painted a swatch of the brown on the side of the building. It's more of a tan color. Have to wait and see what it looks like with the new logo, but right now I think it will look pretty good.

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post

Thing about puke, is depending on the previous meal, it could be any color. For example, when I was younger I dined for a full day on cheese curls, balogna sandwiches and cherry Koolaid.... It looked like a beautiful sunrise. Shades of yellow, orange and red.

Comment

what is it with you and producing disgusting mental images?
              GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Says the girl who has an ass shot chicken quote in her tagline.....
                ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                  what is it with you and producing disgusting mental images?

I actually thought it was quite a pretty picture.

But then again I've had to clean up some drunk womans diareahea before...

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                    Says the girl who has an ass shot chicken quote in her tagline.....
                    yeah, but I didn't originally SAY that I just quoted it. 'sides, it's all in fun.
                    GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

On the topic of ass shot chicken, a friend gave me a plastic speculum as a housewarming gift today. She maintains that she did not lift it from her OB's office, and also that it is not a speculum, its a "spreader-thingie to make stuffing fowl easier".

I think I'm going to put it in a drawer in the kitchen when my mom comes over and have her go get it for me.

(And I forgot to ask if this was a "before" speculum, or "after" speculum. Hope its dishwasher safe!)

On the topic of paint schemes (cause I have to make something tie in so as to not be accused of jacking a thread) I am going to paint my house purple.

With a copper-colored steel roof.

I promise it will look good, but everyone I tell that to just gags.
                      ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

Quoth zzapp the witch View Post
                        On the topic of paint schemes (cause I have to make something tie in so as to not be accused of jacking a thread) I am going to paint my house purple.

With a copper-colored steel roof.

I promise it will look good, but everyone I tell that to just gags.
                        There's a place off the 101 freeway that is royal purple with a gold entryway. I don't know what their intention is, but it looks like Laker colors. It's odd, but not bad, really.

A friend of my father's decided to paint his house avocado green with bright green accents. It's atrocious. And he had them mix the green specifically, too.

I understand there's a house not too far from where I live that's painted black with hot pink accents. That must be something to see.

^-.-^
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

There's an old Craftsman house near me that is painted bright purple with turquoise trim and fushia window sashes. What really makes it stand out is the roof is covered in bright green moss and fern seedlings.

And there is a charming Shingle Victorian nearby painted purple with a shining new copper roof.
                          You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Some former neighbors of ours painted their house cotton candy (candy floss) pink. There was another house in town that was lavender. I want a royal purple house, with forsest green trim.
                            I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth Delphae View Post
                              Some former neighbors of ours painted their house cotton candy (candy floss) pink. There was another house in town that was lavender. I want a royal purple house, with forsest green trim.
                              Hmmm... depending on the house, that could be either really cool or really garish.

The black and pink house I mentioned earlier: I forgot to also mention that it was one of those with all the gingerbread trim. There reportedly is a lot of pink to go with the black.

^-.-^
                              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                              X