This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am so sick of my job.

I'm tired of being yelled at on every other call. I'm tired of constantly talking to people who tell me things like 'Well thanks for wasting my time, bitch!' or 'You're losing a very valuable customer because you can't give me what I want!' I've never had a job where the suckiness was this constant. It is literally EVERY OTHER CALL. I'm tired of worrying all the time if I'm going to get written up because I snapped back at a customer. I am stretched so thin that I'm starting to get snarky back to the SCs.

I am applying at Netflix next week. They pay more than this job and apparently its much more relaxed. Everyone cross their fingers for me!
    Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

I sympathize.

It's been a week since I took my last call. I knew my job was beginning to get to me... that was apparent to everybody. But now that I'm not taking calls, I'm beginning to realize just high my stress level was.

I really liked my job and I was very good at it. But the abuse from customers was just too much.

People are always complaining about how poor customer service is these days. There's a reason for that... a lot of the good ones are chased away, leaving behind the ones who don't care about the abuse... nor the customer. I'm not saying that's true in every case... I know a lot of career techs who are great at what they do, and manage to not let anything bother them. But I think it's a general trend.
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

TPG- we must work for the same company.

Good luck and hopefully you will have to change your name to TheNetflixGoddess.
      Last edited by draggar; 05-19-2007, 02:38 PM.
      Quote Dalesys:
      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

Oooh, draggar, I like that.

If I do get hired, I WILL change my name to TheNetflixGoddess.
        Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

Are you in collections by any chance??

My calls aren't quite as bad but i do share your pain.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerk View Post
            Are you in collections by any chance??

My calls aren't quite as bad but i do share your pain.
            Oh gods, collections. I managed to last an entire three months there before I quit. Migraines, constant anxiety issues that would balloon into full blown attacks at a drop of a hat, people screaming in one ear for me daring to call them and the manager screaming in the other that I had to collect x amount of money that day. I was never so happy to see the last of a job before.

------------------------------------
            I'm sorry, did I assassinate your penguin?

Comment

Good luck with NetFlix.

No job is worth headaches, teeth grinding, or any other physical or mental stress/abuse.

I tend to make rather less than other people at other companies for the work that I do, but I can dress casual, use bad language, and come in late every single day.

Actually, when I was the receptionist, I actually got written up for the excessive tardiness, but when I got moved off phones, it went to just being requested that I be more punctual. My resolution this year was that I would be more punctual and absent less often. The next week, my manager offered me incentives to have proper attendance and punctuality. I didn't need the incentives, but they certainly sweeten the pot.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
              X