Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One of the online games I like to play is a golfing game. Again, a Korean offering.

You couldn't say the word "hole."

In a golf game.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Oh, the game RF-Online censors the words 'spawn' 'mob' or 'frag'. It doesn't just bleep them, you're unable to send the message AT ALL, and it doesn't tell you which word was blocked. HOW a newbie is supposed to ask where they go kill stuff is beyond me... but the game totally sucked anyway, so no loss there.
      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth Delphae View Post
        I use British swears because no one in America understands them. My co-workers and high school friends were very shocked that I coud swear at all when I was younger.

What constitutes British swears? Mostly we say f***, sh** and d**n. I suppose b*gg*r and b*gg*ration is British (or English at least).

I do recall going in to a screen at work as a film finished and loudly cursing about something that was annoying me, only to realise there was a man and child in the front row, watching the closing credits.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
          What constitutes British swears? Mostly we say f***, sh** and d**n. I suppose b*gg*r and b*gg*ration is British (or English at least).

I do recall going in to a screen at work as a film finished and loudly cursing about something that was annoying me, only to realise there was a man and child in the front row, watching the closing credits.
          I'd imagine British swears are usually thought of like pillo*k (sp?) or drozy bas*ard, or bollo*ks
          Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
            I'd imagine British swears are usually thought of like pillo*k (sp?) or drozy bas*ard, or bollo*ks
            Don't forget "bloody".
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth cinema guy View Post
              I suppose b*gg*r and b*gg*ration is British (or English at least).
              beggar or bagger? big gyration??
              Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Oh, I learned to cuss in other languages, just so I could get away with it. French, German, Spanish (Thanks Mom), Chinese (Thanks Joss), and even a bit of Russian. That, combined with spitting them though my teeth and jumbled up together, I've gotten away with it for years!

Comment

Quoth MadMike View Post
                  I remember one time, someone tried to post something about Dick van Dyke, and it got censored twice, just like that on that one Family Guy episode.
                  Should he have just said "Penis van Lesbian"?

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  You couldn't say the word "hole."

In a golf game.
                  The proper term is "cup" for the physical opening in the ground, and the proper term for getting the ball into the cup in one hit is "ace".

SuperDan, cunning linguist
                  "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                  "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                  My MySpace
                  My LiveJournal

Comment

I mainly use B*gger, and w*nker, Bloody Hell on occation.
                    I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth SuperDan View Post
                      The proper term is "cup" for the physical opening in the ground, and the proper term for getting the ball into the cup in one hit is "ace".

But wouldn't you still need to say "I'm playing the 8th hole right now"? Rather than "I'm currently teeing off to the fairway attached to the 8th cup"?
                      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Another seaman on the SS Biyotchalot. I learned all my cursewords from my mother, who hates to be reminded of that. These days, having grown up into a foul-tempered young man I curse constantly. I also scream at the phone when it rings at work and no one's around.

I'm not well-adjusted.
                        Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth SuperDan View Post

Well, now that I'm thinking about it, the prohibited "term" was anything that had an H followed immediately by an O. So you couldn't say things like "hole in one" or "nice shot" or ask any question that began with the word "how."

And it wouldn't tell you why your comment was changed, it would just throw up a stock phrase it used every time someone ran afoul of the censor.

They actually took that out after a few months. I guess they got enough well-written complaints about how stupid that particular filter was.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                            I also scream at the phone when it rings at work and no one's around.

I'm not well-adjusted.
                            tee hee, i give mine a dirty look and tell it it's being rude. And quite a few times i've done that, and the phone immediately stopped ringing.
                            Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

only people i talk to a lot notice i swear a LOT. It is worked into my casual language so much that its hard to catch.im not running zround goin 'F this and F that' its much more of an in context thing. So if your not listening ful you wont catch it.
                              Fan? This is shit. Shit? Meet fan.

Comment

Working...
                              X