This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stupid decision

so last week, we had a reset on our baby formula. after i saw they moved the Good Start Supreme with DHA and ARA OUT of the locked case(actually, they moved ALL Good Start out of the case) i had seen we were out, and ordered more,mainly for myself since i use that with my son. i didn't understand why the moved all of the good start out of the locked case. i believe they did it to make room for the STORE brand, that nobody ever buys....

i saw we had gotten it in thursday. i went to go buy it today. i had checked on thursday to see how many we got in. we had 12. today..we had ZERO! but guess what...we didn't sell ANY. it was all stolen. all of the good start powder was stolen. it just goes to show that corporate is stupid.

I know baby formula can be expensive (my son is on Similac Advance, its a little under $24 a can) but I've never heard of people stealing it.

But then again, it doesn't surprise me any.

Comment

Quoth hawkchick11 View Post
      I know baby formula can be expensive (my son is on Similac Advance, its a little under $24 a can) but I've never heard of people stealing it.
      I have. I used to work at Food Kitty and they used to have the formula out on the shelves in the baby aisle. But they had such a problem with theft that, by the time i was working there they had to keep them under the counter at customer service....and i'll be damned i think a time or two, formula still got stolen...along with ciggs, which they also keep at the customer service desk. People were actually hiding the cans of baby formula in their kid's stroller and trying to walk out with them. People will stop at NOTHING these days.
      Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

I had to buy the formula out of the locked case for a while. There are some stores that keep all the formula behind the counter and you have to go up and pay for it at the service desk separately.

Parents steal the formula, but drug dealers will also steal it, and they're probably slicker about it, too.
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

drug dealers? seriously??? i'm gonna look like a dumbass here....but why the hell would drug dealers steal baby formula?

Comment

Perhaps just to resell it in order to buy more drugs?

Comment

who buys their baby formula from some random dude on the street selling it?

Comment

If it's cheaper than the store, probably lots of people.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Is baby formula white powder? Drug dealers could use it to disguise cocaine, heroin, etc.

Comment

Cocaine in a pure form will kill almost anyone instantly, drug dealers use baby formula to cut with it, since I guess for some reason, baby formula is not as irritating to the sinused as say flour, talcum powder, or corn starch.
                    The only words you said that I understood were "His", "Phone" and "Ya'll". The other 2 paragraphs worth was about as intelligible as a drunken Teletubby barkin' come on's at a Hooter's waitress.

Comment

Quoth Banrion View Post
                      Cocaine in a pure form will kill almost anyone instantly, drug dealers use baby formula to cut with it, since I guess for some reason, baby formula is not as irritating to the sinused as say flour, talcum powder, or corn starch.
                      Only if taken in doses of one expecting it to be cut. The substance by itself isn't any more or less inherently toxic after being diluted, there's just less of it per volume. And yeah, since baby formula is designed to be soluble, and to work with an infant's more delicate systems, it's easier on a coke-head's nose.

Makes me want to the people who steal it for that, since it drives up the prices for mothers who actually NEED the stuff for what it was made for. Since, oddly enough, baby formula is nearly as expensive, gram for gram, as street-cut coke, it makes me wonder why they DON'T just re-sell it.
                      Last edited by JustADude; 05-24-2007, 05:39 AM.
                      ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                      And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

First of its the lactose... you can do it with cheap powdered milk that you buy for coffee.

Second im remind of a story.
                        My uncle once a year goes down south to a country cant even fathom how to spell and works on basically missionary projects and the such, and works for an opranage (one he designed and built). any way about 3 years ago we was going down their again and bought supplys and the such. And he bought baby formula in mexico. When he came home 3 monthes latter her went on and one about how he had to spend 7 buck a box or so for it. My aunt laughed and said "Honey, that stuff goes for 25 here in the states. Be happy you got it so cheap"

Which is why i wonder why these drug dealers dont buy in mexico.

Comment

actually, in baby formula, any lactose present is broken down to its simplest form to make it easier to digest (since lactose is one of the substances that is difficult for babies to digest, which is why pediatricians recommend you not give you child straight cows' milk until they're 24 months old). Baby formula is designed to dissolve in liquid, pure and simple. Flour isn't, corn starch isn't, talcum isn't.

Powdered milk won't give the same effect, since it is a much larger particle and irregularly shaped as well, thus causes more irritation to the nasal tissues and sinuses.
                          GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I've known for a long time that druggies use baby formula for nefarious activities.

Sad, really.

My store doesn't lock up the formula. Maybe we tend to have better behaved customers?
                            Unseen but seeing
                            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                            3rd shift needs love, too
                            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Mine doesn't lock it up either, but we did camera the hell out of that aisle and the medicine aisle next to it. Doesn't stop the theft completely, but it does deter it a little.
                              "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                              "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                              My MySpace
                              My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                              X