X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your employees know better...

Dear BK manager:

Your employees know to actually listen to my order. Why can't you?

"I would like a whopper with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomato, ex--"
    "Didyouwantthevaluemealorjustthesandwich?"
    "... just the sandwich. I would like it with mayonaise, lettuce, tomato, extra pic--"
    "Did you want cheese on it?"
    "... No. ... I would li--
    "Can you reapeat what you wanted on it?"
    ".... >sigh<"

Please, dial back the suggestive pushiness a bit, and your customer satisfaction scores just might nudge upward.

I know there's a rule for spit-taking (rule #1) but is there one for reading a post and groaning out loud?
    Because that's what I just did.
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
      I know there's a rule for spit-taking (rule #1) but is there one for reading a post and groaning out loud?
      Because that's what I just did.
      That's a straight line to the gutter minded.
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

That doesn't sound like suggestive selling.

Sounds like a manager in a BFH (big f*cking hurry) to get rid of all the customers in line/drive thru or, like a typical lazy manager, sighing at the lines and deciding to take over and play "grease lightening" cashier......

Surprised you could actually understand a word that moron was saying. I would have gotten a little SCish and said "Slow the hell down and listen to me!"
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

After the second interruption, I'd have gotten a bit SC on him.

"If you'd just shut up and listen, then I wouldn't have to keep repeating myself."

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I've remembered the order of the questions I'm asked at the food court so now I know what order to give my answers. So when the worker says: Next! I walk up and say:

to go, #2, small, Diet.
            Then I get a look: and then: since I saved them a bunch of questions.
            If you are thinking to yourself, "Hmmm, should I post this?" it should probably go HERE.

Comment

Luna, I do the same at our local hot dog joints. I'm in both of em so often, I know how they order (1 hot dog plain plus american gets me my cheese dog just the way I like it!) and can watch them write the order down to make sure it's correct.
              "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

That happened to me, about a month ago. I regret not getting SCish on them, but oh well
                Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I hate it when I pull up to the drive-through window already knowing I just want a regular hamburger and small diet Coke, yet the person has to say "welcome to burger king, would you like to try out new blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah combo meal today?" I know they HAVE to say it that way, but I still hate it. I wish they could just say "may I take your order?" They can even omit the "welcome to burger king" part. I mean, I drove up to the drive-through, I KNOW I'm at burger king.

Comment

My kitchen usually has two people in it, my cook, and me. He cooks, I take orders, and bus tables, and clean, and basically keep the entire dining room in order. Usually he can't cook everything by himself, I have to help him. And so, I have to take orders quickly, so I can get back to helping him. Usually the customers sense my urgency and order quickly, but I still get people whom persist on prefacing everything they say with "Yeeeeeeeaaaaaah . . . ," And I begin to wonder which is worse, that they may be purposefully speaking slowly as to engineer a nice little "eff you for having other things to do," or that they may just be completely oblivious.
                    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

There is nothing I hate more than being interrupted while I'm placing my order in the drive through. Just about everywhere I go, it seems to go like this:

"I'd like a #2 combo, with only lettuce-"
                      "What size?"
                      "Medium, and I want the sandwich with only lettuce, ma-"
                      "What to drink?"
                      "Lemonade, and-"
                      "That's be $x.xx, please drive forward."
                      "EXCUSE ME, on my sandwich I only want lettuce, mayo, and cheese please."
                      Silence for a few seconds.
                      "Can you repeat the entire order please? You wanted a large #4 with a Coke and what else?"

And half the time at least part of my order (usually the sandwich, surprise!) is wrong. Siiiiiiiiigh. If they could just shut the eff up for 15 seconds and not interrupt me in the MIDDLE of every word, I would state my entire order plainly and clearly, including what size combo I want and what to drink, whether I need any sauce, etc. I understand that on some registers there's probably a certain order things have to be entered into the system, but I don't know what they are and it's bound to be different everywhere. I actually have a pretty good memory, and if the person taking the order would just tell me, "I'm sorry, I actually need to know what combo size first, then how you want your sandwich and what drink or I have to start all over if you don't tell me you want to upgrade to large until the end," I wouldn't have any problem with that, and I'd know for next time. If they'd rather just piss me off by interrupting and screwing up my order every time, I'm not really going to give a crap if they think I've wasted their time.

Comment

I hate when they try to hurry me up. That happens to me, every time I go to a certain McD's by my job. I go there, knowing damn well what I want, and then they try to hurry to get rid of me. Then, they get upset, if I want no pickles. it is not my fault, if the pickles gets me sick.
                        Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                        San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Oooh... it's really annoying when you've got your order all lined up, and they interrupt you to ask for the information you were just in the middle of giving them.

Most places are the same. They want the combo number, or the type of sandwich that it's based around, then the size, then the drink type, then the type of fries (if there's a choice). This is how every Jack in the Box I've been to does it, and nearly every time I go, they interrupt me trying to tell them that I want a "large diet" to ask me what size I want.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth powerboy View Post
                            I hate when they try to hurry me up. That happens to me, every time I go to a certain McD's by my job. I go there, knowing damn well what I want, and then they try to hurry to get rid of me.
                            Maybe they're short-staffed and the guy taking orders has other things to do. On occasion I actually have no cook and I have to cook and take orders at the same time.
                            You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

I'm lucky, I guess. I never get interrupted. I seldom get my order screwed up, either. Now forgetting a hamburger or two happens every once in a while. (Just got two free combos from Wendy's because they forgot my two junior hamburgers this weekend. I felt KINDA bad for such a significant upgrade, but I got them just the same.)
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X