This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An intresting loopy shift ><;

Wasn't schedualed to work till 5pm yesterday so didn't care when I had insomnia. Got 0 hours of sleep for the night. 9:12 am, asst. manager calls. "I love you! Please cover taco bell!" (haven't had this line in a few weeks) Say "YEAH! Day shift alright!" I rarely ever get day shifts. Apparently I'm not importent enough for them ....but thats another post. Anyways I live a good distence away from work but still manage to get there 15 mins before I was supposed to . Learn that the tills aren't working. They weren't for the last bit of last night either but they wait until 20 minuets AFTER we open to call the service guys AND to close the lobby. We could theoretically still ring in the order just wouldn't show up on the screen and wouldn't print a ticket. So we kick everybody out of lobby and keep Drive-thru open...they just yell what they want back and I make it.....then had a bright idea to put head set on. Taco bell got a lot quicker . And because we had nobody in lobby I got all my prep done in an hour. Owner pops in to tinker with the tills. Sees me with sucker on my forehead and goes in for the kill. "Hey FemmeAnime, can you pull a double today? We're going to be real short-staffed." Was feeling good, still riding high on sleep dep, cramps kept at bay with the glorious prize that is Midol, going on my break (around 1 pm now) to eat breakfast. All's well witht he world. Why not? Not even really sure if anyone beside the assit manager even thanked me (she only did after I called her back and I said I'd come in early) that I was covering someone elses shift and my own shift now. So going across the parking lot don't know if I want yummy noodly soup from the grocery store or sushi (go there so much they know me on sight and start making the veggie tempura rolls ) Calling my dad, middle of talking to him telling him no need to pick me up at 5 was going to stay later when relize still need to cache my paycheque and get a replacement debit card. Get to the bank and apparently I'm too people? Teller/ manager person makes joke about having a twin. I do have a twin. She seems shocked. Takes 40 mins of my 30 mins break to get it sorted out but still riding on high on the sleep dep. Few hours after break tills are back up. By 6 o'clock or so STILL haven't eaten since my dinner break around 8/9 pm the night before....am STARVING now. Contemplating stealing a scoop or two of beans (I'm a veggie). When the wonderful woman that is Taco Beller wizard give me an almond butter gornola bar. *glomp!!* Try not kill myself while stuffing it down my gob. Mmmhhhh....almonds. Spent the rest of the night trying not to keel over and not act as loopy as I feel and how the other double-shift pullers are behaving. Fast forward another few hours. Hour eleven, only that one break with a grand total of 20 mins (if that!) of not being on my feet. Gotten really loopy now, perment leaning to one side and feeling like I'm gonna faint at any moment. They ask one of the girls already on shift to close lobby (my shift) so I can go home. Just covering Drive-thru during a break then HOME! BED!! FOOD!! Rush hits....stay a few minuets more passing a salad over to the counter when one of my favorite people grabbs it out of my hands and tells me to go home! Look to in-charge tells me to get lost. Tries not bump into things while getting my stuff to leave. Am now walking around like I'm drunk. STILL haven't had any sleep. Have now been up for almost TWO AND A HALF DAYS STRAIGHT. They call me in early again I told my parents to tell them to "screw off!"
    Last edited by FemmeAnime; 05-23-2007, 02:21 PM.
    V-Con 2009 and Anime Evolution 2010

GAH! WALL OF TEXT!
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

at least it isn't all in caps...

You, my dear, need to get more rest. Please.
      Everything sucks. I must be living in a vacuum.

Comment

Ooooh... sleep dep stream of consciousness posting!

I tend to highlight words as I wade through so that I don't lose my place.

I once, in the same manner, wrote a post about that length that was all a single sentence.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Wall Of Text crits you for 1039489489 damage.

You die.

Comment

The only thing better than a sleep dep. stream of consciousness posting is someone doing a drunken posting. Just reading each post you can actually see them getting drunker and drunker.

Bonus points are given when they post the next day and have absolutely no recollection of posting their drunken rants and freak when they start reading them.
            I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite!
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

The only thing better than drunken posting is READING a Sleep-Dep SoC post when you're sleep deprived yourself. It's actually UNDERSTANDABLE!

PS If it weren't for my auto-spellchecker, this would be complete gibberish. G'night!
                ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Quoth lordlundar View Post
                  GAH! WALL OF TEXT!

Dude, its ok, it will be alright.

Now with that being said. That wall of text, hurt my eyes trying to read it.
                  Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                  San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Ok i don't know whats sadder... i understood every minute of the wall of text... or that im pretty damn sure i beat her on sunday.

Comment

awwwww *hug* Get some sleep.....

and maybe some paragraph breaks and a smaller font
                      GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Working...
                      X