This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a new job!

I start in just under two weeks - it's for an insurance company, working on the phones, getting people to pay up what they owe us (don't want to give more details than that). So it has the potential to be slightly not-fun and have some real SCs, but it is a *great* place to work, amazing benefits and perks, and the ability to transfer departments after you put in your time.

It was tough, my interview was 11 loooooong days before I heard, and then there was the issue with corporate from a previous job only giving them my pay structure designation, which of course conflicted with what I have on my resume, because I was responsible in my store for a lot more than what corporate designated (which I enjoyed, don't get me wrong, it was a good thing). But thanks to some solid explanation and a phone call to manager from that store, it's all good.

It was soooo nerve-wracking, considering I'd have to move back with my mom if I didn't get this, and the deadline to tell my apartment I was leaving (or not) was last week so I'd have to pay another month's rent! Such a relief now.

Just wanted to celebrate a little - and let the rest of you know that if you're looking, keep at it. I learned some great things from a family friend that I really believe made the difference, and I'll pass along that advice when I see the opportunity here.

Oh yeah - my current boss was one of the few bosses (I'm sure) when, upon hearing one of his good employees just got another job, was very happy for me. In no small part due to that he knew my situation, and if I had to move back to my mom's, it would've been too far to commute! So I'm going to work there (I'm figuring) between 10-20/week (I am in desperate need of money!), focusing on the things that I specifically do for the store. So everyone wins.
    Last edited by Reyneth; 05-23-2007, 04:44 PM.

Congrats on the new job!

Collections is tough and there are a lot of rules about what you can and can't do.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
      Congrats on the new job!

Collections is tough and there are a lot of rules about what you can and can't do.

^-.-^
      Thanks.

It's not strict collections, we are the last step before the person (they are not our customers - if they were, there wouldn't be a problem) gets sent *to* collections. At this point, I'm kinda thinking about it as helping people by finding a payment option that they can manage - although the more money I can get from them, the better my numbers will be.
      I know it can/will be hard at times, but the supervisor and the one of two managers there I've met (interviewed with) are both awesome and are there to help, not demean or criticize or override. So to me, that is worth a lot. I know I could deal with even crummy conditions with corporate/manager support since I managed 6 months from {heck} at a job where there was no corporate support, and in fact lots of blame.

I talked to my supervisor tonight, gave me the extensions to call when I got there my first day since she'll be out of the office - they're making my badge and clearing off my desk. I have a desk!

Comment

Working...
      X