This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why always on a Wednesday

My boss doesn't work Wednesdays. So I'm in charge. All is good there, I have no problems being in charge.

But, why is it that when people want to change their place in the schedule they call on Wednesdays? Without fail I get a call from someone will call and ask for a new date.

Most of the time it's not a big deal. Just switch someone and all is good.

Today though.

Job A cannot make 5/30, needs 5/31. 5/31 is full, so how about 6/1? That's fine.

OK, so I call around to other people to see if anyone can move up to 5/30, or what's going on.

Job B - was 6/11, now wants 6/6 - Big problem
    Job C - was 6/7, now wants 6/4.

I could go on. But, at most we can do two jobs a day, and a max of 13 truck loads.

I've got as many as 3 jobs with 19 loads right now because everyone wants the same day. Then there's the issue of what happens when/if one of them doesn't make it?

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I can handle all of this. But bossman needs to be here to discuss it all too. So I'm stuck for the rest of the day waiting for people to call me back while he's blissfully unaware of the asskicking our schedule is taking.

You may ask why I can't call the others and say "Sorry, Job A moved, so you have to" Well we can, to an extent. But know how bad your customer's are when they get delayed? Imagine they are spending hundreds of thousands of dollars when we don't show.

Yeah.
Working...
X