This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowes

I've heard that the local Lowes is hiring. I'm thinking of going there and applying but would like some input from past or present employees. I don't think I can take another day at Meijer!

Does Lowes 'suck' as much as every other retailer or is it a decent place to work? Any info would be appreciated.

Retail Haiku:
    Depression sets in.
    The hellhole is calling me ~
    I don't want to go.

Let me go look for a gripe-about-Lowe's board I know about. I never worked for them, but I did work as an assembly technician in about 20 different locations.

Bad:
    they have the usual number of idiots working in management.
    they have the usual number of idiots for customers.
    they have professional shoplifters coming in for the contractor power tools.
    they have typical retail schedule of no weekends off, work all holidays, work morning one day, evening the next, and overnight for a "big project" a couple of days next week.

Good:
    most employees are easygoing.
    you get to drive around the cool pickers and forklifts.
    even people stationed inside will end up working outside sometimes.
    they are big about having picnics for the employees on the holiday weekends.
    you can wear jeans, t shirt, and comfortable shoes every day
    People who have been there 15 plus years have an incredible amount of money in Lowe's stock, if they signed up for whatever plan it was. Employee matching? I wasn't eligible.
    If you're a girl, this is really important---- a lot of good looking guys shop at Lowe's.

Comment

My dad is a manager at Lowe's. His girlfriend is a cashier (but I'm not sure how that in-store dating things works,) and that's how they met. He gets pretty good deals, too. When he first started, he was bringing home nicked (as in scratched... not stolen) $200 ceiling fans for somewhere around $15-20.

He absolutely loves his job.
      "several million years for a monkey to turn into a man. oh wait thats right. monkeys dont live several million years."
      -FSTDT

Comment

Quoth dalmatas View Post
        If you're a girl, this is really important---- a lot of good looking guys shop at Lowe's.
        Hmm...I could use a part-time job for a little extra cash...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

One of my son's friends worked at Lowes a few years ago and seemed to like it there. If I remember correctly, he started at $9.00 per hour but I could be wrong. He's not living in the area anymore or I could ask him a few questions about the place.

I know I love to go shopping there. I'd rather go to Lowes and look at tools or home improvement stuff than shop for shoes or clothes.

Oh, dalmatas, I am a girl...well, an older version of one, anyway. But I can still appreciate the good looking guys who shop at Lowes so thanks for that info.
          Retail Haiku:
          Depression sets in.
          The hellhole is calling me ~
          I don't want to go.

Comment

Working...
          X