This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slightly interesting

Today my manager suggested that I apply for one of the personal shopper positions available for our upcoming shop from home thing.

He said that I would stay at my same pay rate (maybe meaning they wouldn't CUT my pay) and I could also keep my regular position. Perhaps come in four hours earlier, do the SFH then go to my refrigerated cave at my regularily scheduled time.

I'm thinking that he's just looking out for me...letting me know how I could possibly get more hours/money. I don't COMPLETELY think that maybe he's trying to get rid of me, but one never knows.

I'm slightly tempted, because it would be something NEW and I'd get more hours and more money.

I have to see who's in charge of the SFH and ask what it would entail.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

I'd actually LOVE to do something like that, if I could be guaranteed enough pay, etc. I don't actually like to shop, if by shop you mean browse and poke around, but the thrill of the hunt trying to find the item I'm looking for is pretty dang fun.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

It sounds like a good thing. Definitely worth looking in to. If you find out the details and you don't think it's for you, no harm done...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Two questions:

1. How involved is the WWOTFE? Would you have to deal with her at all?

2. What does Mom think of it?

I'd go for it.
        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Talking to one of the store managers yesterday, he told me what it pretty much entails.

You get a list of the items a customer wants (it even has what aisle the stuff should be in!!!) and a scanner. You scan the barcode and it tells you if you got the right one or now. Spiffy.

Unfortunately, I have to wait until Thursday to talk to HR about it, unless I get to borrow a car tomorrow. They're off today, and I'm off tomorrow and Wednesday.

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
          1. How involved is the WWOTFE? Would you have to deal with her at all?

2. What does Mom think of it?
          1. I highly doubt she's involved at all. I'm sure I'd see her wandering around, NOT working, but little to no interaction with her.

2. Mommy hasn't told me yet.
          Unseen but seeing
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
            You get a list of the items a customer wants (it even has what aisle the stuff should be in!!!) and a scanner. You scan the barcode and it tells you if you got the right one or now. Spiffy.
            Ultra-cool. Only thing niftier would be if they had the list built INTO the scanner!

Hope it ends up being as groovy as it sounds.
            ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
            And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

BTW, got the car for tomorrow. I'll swing by work after I escape from the dentist.

Quoth JustADude View Post
              Ultra-cool. Only thing niftier would be if they had the list built INTO the scanner!
              Maybe someday ownership will spend the money for that sort of thing.
              Unseen but seeing
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

that sounds AWESOME! That is the type of thing I could TOTALLY get into! One of my favorite jobs was when I worked in a call centre, but for 3 hours of each day, my job was filling publication orders (we were a gov't department that published a bunch of little travel-type booklets, and I got to fill those orders).

Good luck!
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

I stopped by work yesterday, but didn't get a chance to ask about it. Grrrrrrrrrrr. I go back to work tomorrow. Hopefully someone will be available.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                  X