This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• send me happy thoughts this weekend!

So I had an interview today. I'm working at The Restaurant here in Tourist Town, but I don't want to do ONLY that. I want a position with a little more stability and The Restaurant management knew that when I started.

So I put in an application on Thursday for a position at the resort across the street. They have an opening in the spa for a spa receptionist (first line of communication with customers, doing scheduling, check in, ect.). I was called less than three hours after dropping off my application and asked to come in for an interview. I went in today after my morning shift.

I really hit it off with the manager and the position sounds like one I would 1) like very very much and 2) be a very good fit for. The manager agreed whole heartedly. She did not hire me yet, but she said she would call Tuesday morning and said "It looks very good for you" and told me not to accept anything else.

I really want this job. It would be very easy to do the two jobs thing with this one, as it is ACROSS THE STREET from the restaurant, I would have a set schedule and most days I would be able to work at least the night shift at the restaurant (either or both shifts at the restaurant on my two days a week off). The hours are good, the pay is pretty decent (especially if I keep picking up shifts at The Restaurant), there are benefits and paid holidays and vacation / personal days, plus employees get to use all the resort facilities for free (pool, spa, excersize rooms, beach, ect.). There's also apparently a cafeteria where all employees get a free meal on the days they work. The manager said the food is really good and that's a cool perk too.

So if you would all send me happy thoughts this weekend, that would be great and I'll keep you posted.
    "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

I'm coming back as a Schooner Wharf Bar dog.

Quoth reformedwaitress View Post
    ...plus employees get to use all the resort facilities for free (pool, spa, excersize rooms, beach, ect.). There's also apparently a cafeteria where all employees get a free meal on the days they work. The manager said the food is really good and that's a cool perk too.

So if you would all send me happy thoughts this weekend, that would be great and I'll keep you posted.
    Sure... and if they have any more openings let me know...
    I was neat, clean, shaved and sober, and I didn't care who knew it. -- Raymond Chandler

Comment

Quoth TNT View Post
      Sure... and if they have any more openings let me know...
      The resort has LOTS of openings. But you have to live in working distance of here which, considering where we live, is D*MN expensive. I'd say it's probably in the top ten of the country, definitely in the top 5 of mainly service industry places in the country. One bedroom apartments (not all that great ones either) easily run over a grand a month or more
      "The things that I remember best - those are the things I wasn't supposed to do…."

Comment

happy thoughts....happy thoughts...happy thoughts....happy thoughts...happy thoughts....happy thoughts...happy thoughts....happy thoughts...happy thoughts....happy thoughts...happy thoughts....happy thoughts...
        I don't go in for ancient wisdom
        I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
        It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

You don't need luck, RW. You'll get the job because you're professional, polite, efficient and have mad ppl skillz0rs
          The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

good luck anyway sounds awesome! (I'm praying for a job I interviewed for as well, so I don't mind spreading the good vibes around).
            GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

"Pending reference and background checks" I have the job. A woman from HR at The Spa called today and told me that the manager was "apparently very impressed with me" and they offered me the position pending checking with my work references and doing a criminal background check (you know, to be sure I'm not a serial killer or something). She said that she would probably be calling me tomorrow.

I'm excited!

Comment

hee go happy jobness! Congrats!
                GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

You mean, you're NOT a serial killer??
                  well done! Party at RW's place!! I'll bring the punch!
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Ooooo that sounds super, well done you
                    No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

:dying of jealousy:
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                      X