This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Great Honey Incident Of '07

manager k and i come in at 8 this morning to a wonderful sight. sometime during the night, some shelves in the cafe had apparently collapsed and unloaded all their goodies upon the floor. boxes of coffee packets, boxes of strawberry sauce, packets of frap mix, packets of vanilla beans, miscellaneous pots and pans...and quarts of honey. one of the shelves had fallen on a honey jug and splattered it all over the floor, wall, door, boxes, fridge, dishwasher, stepladder, etc etc ad nauseam.

hour 1: 8am-9am: pickup.

i gradually got all the stuff off the floor. i had to wipe down everything, haul the busted shelves out of the way, get the stepladder into the sink and hose it down, and pick up the screws and hardware that came off with the shelves.

hour 2: 9am-10am: mopping, mopping, and more mopping. and a little more. oh, missed a spot. what the hell is dripping...? unstick shoes from floor. unstick pants from shoes. how did it get there? WTF!

mopped the floor FIVE times to get it not sticky. got the offending honey jug into a garbage bag. found said honey jug's cap about ten feet from the jug. rinse off the honey covered product several times. piled the shit up out of the way as best i could.

rest of the week: hope we dont get ants. or bees. or ants that ride bees.
    Kim: She's got one foot in the grave and the other on a banana peel.

I'd like to exercise my constitutional right to not give a fuck.

What about bees that ride ants?
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post

Imagine what the kids would look like?

Quoth Winnie the Pooh
      Oh, Bother!
      I'm tolerant of everyone and everything except for assholes. - Mongo Skruddgemire

Comment

i dont even want to think about the variations. just as long as no bears show up, we should be ok. i hope.

Comment

What if it's my dog, Bear?
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
            boxes of coffee packets, boxes of strawberry sauce, packets of frap mix, packets of vanilla beans, miscellaneous pots and pans...and quarts of honey. one of the shelves had fallen on a honey jug ...
            Sounds almost entertaining, if it wasn´t such a PITA to clean up

Didn´t the crashboombang in the middle of the night set off any alarms? We had the police show up at the store before (plus the alarm company waking up our storemanager), because a balloon that some child had stuck underneath a shelf bust at 3am.
            not a native speaker of the English language, but trying!

Comment

Or the bees with ants in their mouths, and when they attack they shoot ants at you?
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

What about kamakaze ants riding bees who attack humans?!
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

What about Bumblebee Man?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth B&NGoddess View Post
                    hour 2: 9am-10am: mopping, mopping, and more mopping. and a little more. oh, missed a spot. what the hell is dripping...?
                    Did you ever figure out what was dripping?
                    I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth TrainedChimp View Post
                      Did you ever figure out what was dripping?
                      the doors. and one of the shelves that i propped up out of the way.

and blas, if your dog likes honey, he's more than welcome to help clean up.

Comment

We sell many items of organic and rare nature at work. Premium olive oil? Fairly traded gear? Sure, we sell them all, but the very worst to clean up is undoubtedly honey or syrup. Blackstrap molasses as well - it's all evil.

No matter how many times you mop it, it's still sticky. Ours usually comes with broken glass as well.

Rapscallion

Comment

Could be worse: could have been 2 million gallons of molasses

We once had the espresso machine spring a leak and flood the entire cafe behind the counter and a good part of the floor in front of the counter. Took forever with several mops (my manager's solution) until I finished counting drawers and saw what they were doing and reminded her that there is a shop vac in the electrical closet. Things went much faster after that. But the shelf unit in front of the machine soaked up a ton of water and then started to rot. The smell was not pleasant for a couple weeks.

what if you get killer bees (i mean the CS member, not the insects)?

bzzzzzbzzzzzbzzzzzz
                          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

There was a time where every week I would have at least one tote were a bottle of something opened up. One of the boys kept droping totes instead of putting them down. Deturgent is pretty bad because it is soap and slippery and won't get up easily.
                            I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                              What if it's my dog, Bear?
                              What about one of my older sisters, nicknamed Bear?
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X