This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun shelf pairs :)

Last night, another girl N and I were blocking/leveling/facing the health and beauty care (HBC) section. We came to the condoms, and there was a tube of Krazy Glue (kinda like super glue) stuck in with the boxes of condoms.

I thought that was quite possibly one of the funniest things I had seen all day. What are some other things y'all have found in....interesting places on the shelves?
    Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.

Proverbs 22:6

Saw this at a CompUSA in the computer games section. "Leisure Suit Larry" the newist one sitting next to "Dora the Exporer".

made me go
    I for one salute this parkade ninja of yours. ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

How 'bout girls or womens undies left by the candy? (doesn't matter what kind of candy, but for some reason I did find it amusing whenever they would be stuffed in by the Twizzlers)

It used to be just about every time I got assigned to straighten candy, I would find a pair of undies stuffed in there somewhere. Then when I would bring them up to the service desk to be put in with softlines returns I'd get all kinds of silly comments.

One time I just trotted on up there with a huge-ass grin on my face holding the undies over my head. Everybody was like or
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Just so odd that when customers decide they no longer want said items, they always put them next to the kinkiest thing they can find.....

Silly, silly people....

OT: they still make Lesiure Suit Larry? I remember my dad letting my play the OLD Old Old school version of that game in the early 90s........Mom hated it so much!

But see, back then, I didn't know that Leisure Suit Larry died from an STD from sleeping with that hooker and that the thing in the closet was a blow up doll...
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Back when Playboy, etc. were out in the newsstand, we often found them tucked in between books in the religion section. I always wondered if it was some kind of "redemption" thing...if they read it in religion it would negate the sin? Then again, the religion section is close to the bathrooms, but that's not something I like to think about.
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
            Then again, the religion section is close to the bathrooms, but that's not something I like to think about.
            One of the BNs around here almost always has a Penthouse left in the last stall in the men's room. It's always current too. Makes me wonder sometimes. Aparently it's common knowledge that it can be found there, as even female acquaintances that I've not been to BN with know about it.

Some of you may get some enjoyment out of The Disorder at Borders Project. Warning: the photo blog section may be NSFW.
            "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
            "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
            My MySpace
            My LiveJournal

Comment

Quoth SuperDan View Post
              One of the BNs around here almost always has a Penthouse left in the last stall in the men's room. It's always current too. Makes me wonder sometimes. Aparently it's common knowledge that it can be found there, as even female acquaintances that I've not been to BN with know about it.
              That's a little frightening...I thought all stores kept the smut behind the counter but I could be wrong. I've had people wanting to just "look at it" and we wouldn't let them take it away from the counter if it wasn't paid for. You wanna look at it, look at it right here lol. There's a reason they are sealed in plastic... Maybe someone is buying it and leaving it there cuz it amuses them?

That website is funny but the bibliophile in me has a problem with them writing on books. Do they buy the ones they deface? Even if I don't agree with the book I don't condone drawing on the covers (especially if they are not paid for). (And I do hope that was water...)
              Last edited by BookstoreEscapee; 05-28-2007, 11:13 PM.
              I don't go in for ancient wisdom
              I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
              It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Not really a 'shelf pair' thing, but I know there are at least two stuffed penguins in the Sears I work at part time that just show up randomly on a shelf or advertisement... I dont know where they come from.
                Do radioactive cats have 18 half-lives?

Comment

Band-aids among shaving supplies.

Several cans of Slim-fast and a variety of dietary supplements in candy aisle (someones resolution didn´t last too lang apparently ).

Pregnancy tests seem to show up everywhere in the store...among the candy, adult diapers, make-up. Half the time, the actual testing stick is gone from the box, so they seem to get stolen a lot.
                  not a native speaker of the English language, but trying!

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
                    OT: they still make Lesiure Suit Larry? I remember my dad letting my play the OLD Old Old school version of that game in the early 90s........Mom hated it so much!
                    Sort of. The newest one (Magna Cum Laude) Is a 3D environment where you play Larry's college going nephew (named Larry Lovage) in his goal to be the campus hero. The game consists of doing a series of mini games which get progressively harder. Sadly, the game was really designed for consoles and Al Lowe is not behind it, so it doesn't feel like LSL at all. The mini games are also pretty boring and take offs of other games.

The good news it that 1-6 were released in a collection that's XP compatible (Using a dosBox Emulator).
                    I AM the evil bastard!
                    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Working...
                    X