Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been with a couple of different temp agencies, and you can get mixed results. A lot of companies are using temp agencies as outsourced hiring departments these days.

Another place to look into for job hunting is your college's employment resource office. I got my first real job through an ad with my college. And, in a very six-degrees way, I got my current job because of an ad at a college.*

Also, don't forget your state's employment development department, or whatever it's called locally.

* Basically, my ex found an ad from my company and gave it to his friend. The friend got hired. Years later, the company wants someone with skills like mine, so the friend suggests I apply. I got hired. So, because my company advertised at the college, I ended up working here.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I cannot wait to be done with retail/customer service/crappy jobs. Only a couple more summers of it. Then I'm off to the crime labs, doing what I love: science. Damnit, I guess it's the other forums I'm on that have the smiley giving the finger. Cause I will definately be doing that to retail when I'm done with college.
      "I've found that when you want to know the truth about someone, that someone is probably the last person you should ask." - House

Comment

I've worked a couple of retail jobs, and I didn't mind being a cashier, but I hated being on the floor in a department. I found it really boring and monotonous.

The best job I had was at a theatre box office- It was a like a small inbound call center. I started there part time while I was in school.
        Then I graduated and meant to leave, but while I was looking for other employment, they just kept on promoting me.
        Now i do some Operations/ restaurant management and I have my own department to manage as well.
        I've never been a server or busser, but when I'm managing, I do a fair bit of that kind of thing, and I enjoy it more than I thought I would- not to mention, I don't get tips for doing it!
        There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.

Comment

Working...
        X