This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What attitude?

A constant complaint that seems to get bandied about at me after I take a call is that the caller didn't like my attitude.
    What? You mean you don't like my attitude of "Life if great, full of sunshine, lollipops, and saccharine-sweet stuff, until you came along and ruined it all by yelling at me"?

Of course, it's also a constant complaint I get about coworkers on the phone team. Most of them seem to center on one coworker in particular (I think I dubbed her Jasmine last I spoke of her, but I could be wrong). Anyway, any time I get one of these calls, I log it, and then let her know she got a complaint. She always tells me it was someone who she had been in a hurry to get them off the phone. And I always tell her not to worry, I've been in retail long enough to realize that 'customers' will enact the, "S/He's rude!" for anything from "He was cussing at me and raping my dog" to "I'm not getting my way so I'm gonna whine like a three year old".
    However, what I love best is when the caller tells me to my face (as close you can get over the phone) that they don't like my attitude.

... Um, what? You got your rush. Quit asking me extra questions, like "How long until it's done?" Not until you get off my phone at the very earliest, or my name. *grits teeth* That's one I particularly hate, they're never satisfied with just Juwl, they always want my last name. "Don't have one" never satisfies them. "My manager's name is" works about half the time, the other half, they want to speak to him right the F now! "He's gone home for the day, dumbass, it's way past 4:30."
    "I call murder on that!"

Quoth Juwl View Post
    ....or my name. *grits teeth* That's one I particularly hate, they're never satisfied with just Juwl, they always want my last name. "Don't have one" never satisfies them. "My manager's name is" works about half the time, the other half, they want to speak to him right the F now! "He's gone home for the day, dumbass, it's way past 4:30."
    Where I work, it's "We don't give out last names for security reasons" - I always gave my extension. It's no use as you can't enter it and get me

Comment

Working...
    X