This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image on box represents inside of box

Tourist season arrived so Shiro has 40 hours, rejoice!

I would if it didn't come with an onslaught of doubting Thomaseseses.

You know the type, they will open anything they express interest in to look inside to see what it's like then leave the container there.

Just last weekend I found a box of honey buns (Tore at the seam so we couldn't tape it back shut, nothing was missing) an opened bag of bread and the icing on the cake, An opened container of yogurt! Just with the corner lifted to peek inside? WTF people?

Then there's the tasters. They will open the container, taste what's inside and leave it there! 2 weeks ago my manager was fixing the cakes when a female customer walked up, opened a cake box, RAN her finger deep in the icing and stuck it in her mouth!

L: "Liza" my manager
    SC: TweedleDumb.

L: "WHAT are you DOING?"
    SC: I'm tasting the cake to see if I like it!"
    L: "You're not supposed to do that, it's DIRTY! Are you at least gonna buy the cake???"
    SC: "Naw, I don't like the icing."
    L: "What is WRONG with you??? Who the hell is gonna buy a cake with your dirty fingers on it..."

She pretty much tore a new one to the SC. Snot cuz she's 4 foot tall means you can walk allover my manager...
    Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

is wrong with people? If that's how they act in public I'd REALLY hate to see how they act at home.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

New policy - you taste it you bought it. And if people complain charge them with theft.
      Figers are vicious I tell ya. They crawl up your leg and steal your belly button lint.

I'm a case study.

Comment

Forget tasting it.... You open it, you bought it.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Cia View Post
          New policy - you taste it you bought it. And if people complain charge them with theft.
          Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
          Forget tasting it.... You open it, you bought it.
          Works for me. The Codes of Law for the World Order Of Karma Inspired Etiquette have been amended!
          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

I can kind of understand opening a box to see if all the parts are there for the G.I. Joe with the Kung Fu Grip™ but opening food packaging? Methinks I will inspect more carefully when I buy stuff at the store from now on.
            This isn't an office. It's Hell with fluorescent lighting.

Comment

I never buy opened food product, and when I find it, I take it to somebody that works there. You never know what someone might have done to it.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

We have a regular axehole who likes to sample our sugar squares one at a time.
                We know who it is, we caught him before, but now we can't catch him in the act anymore since our products are at the other bloody end of the store!!! and WE'RE behind a frickin' wall of beer!

I hate the wall of beer with every protons, neutrons and electrons in my body.

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

The only food product I will actually open in a store is berries. And that is because I once bought a container of raspberries that looked perfectly scrumptious, and when I got home and opened them, anticipating some sweet raspberryey goodness, there was an inch-wide patch of gray-green mold on the berries right under the label, which was the only spot I couldn't see. So now I open them just to make sure, but I don't touch them!! (For the record I went back and exchanged them and went home and had a yummy bowl of raspberries )
                  I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                  I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                  It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth BookstoreEscapee View Post
                    The only food product I will actually open in a store is berries.
                    Yeah but will you leave the quart there opened and half-eaten?

Dun think so.

A quart you can close back down. Our boxes are cardboard. They RIP.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                      Yeah but will you leave the quart there opened and half-eaten?

Dun think so.

A quart you can close back down. Our boxes are cardboard. They RIP.
                      Exactly. Berries...not sealed...

BTW, strawberries + Hershey's Special Dark chocolate syrup = Happy BSE
                      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Image representing contents

I heard not too long ago on a television program about the trouble that Gerber's had in a third world country. In that country, there is always a picture on packages, as the vast majority of the population is illiterate. When Gerber started doing business in said country, they couldn't give product away. the people thought Gerber was selling processed babies for people to eat. The consensus of the program was that Gerber should have done more market research to find out how the population of this country would view jars with pictures of adorable babies on them.

Comment

Sorry to bust your bubble Starlord, but it just isn't so.
                          Snopes has the whole story.

First off, I sincerely doubt that any baby food company that had the resources to expand into a new market would not have the resources and intelligence to do market analyses.

Second, don't you think that the people of the "third world country" would know better than to think they were selling pureed baby? That's just a bit insulting to them.

Whatever that program was, they need to be slapped for a complete and utter lack of fact-checking.

^-.-^

Comment

Speaking as a person from a third world country (SA is a combination of 1st and 3rd world), Andara Bledin is 100% correct. I've been to some of the poorest regions in my country, and there the people do know the difference between advertising images (doggie on dog food, baby on baby food) and "this is what you're buying" images (cow on milk, chicken on chicken). We might not all know how to use computers, cars, or cellphones, but we sure as hell have a little common sense.... </off topic>
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Working...
                            X