This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i felt so stupid...

ok. today as not my day, but in a funny way. a little backstory, a few days ago, my manager and i were fixing our revlon fixtures, when we noticed we were missin a light fixture. so i called revlon and ordered one. we did what we could on the fixtures and left the rest until the fixture came in.

so today, i went to my counter, and say there was a box from Revlon/Almay on it. so opened it up, and say there was a smaller box. without paying attention to it at all, i opened it and saw it was the light fixture. so i grabbed the smaller box and walked over to my manager. i held it out to show him, and said,"ill give you three guesses as to what this is."

he looked at me, then at the box, and then back at me, and said,"Light fixtures."

i was thinking, hmmm... really good guess. i started to walk away when he said,"you know, its easy to guess whats in the box when its written on the box."

turns out, the side of the box i was holdin towards him said in big black bold leters, LIGHT FIXTURES....i didn't see it at all.so he comes over and grabs the box, and goes up to the front register guy, and says,"L, ill give you three guesses as to whats in this box..."

he kept makng jokes about it. i was laughin so hard i crying. that happened at about.... 10:30 A.M. they joked about it until i went home. everytime i say my manager he would end the conversation with, ill give you three guesses.

at one point, i was goingon my lunch and walked up to the two AMs who were talking. i asked if they could ring me up., B said(jokingly)"sure, as soon as we are done talking about you." i said ok, and walked away, and heard B say,"And so she said, ill give you three guesses....."(this was all done in a joking matter, i knew it was, and i laughed about it)

but then i bought my food for lunch, went down, and popped it in the microwave and started cookin it....only to remember that i had brought food from home for lunch......

Any chance of getting out of work early on account of lack of intelligence?
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Oh geez, there are days I'd love to call in to work "dumb."
      At least it was all in good fun, eh?

"Sorry, can't work today, I'm dumber than the average customer."
      Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
        "Sorry, can't work today, I'm dumber than the average customer."
        That might require a trip to the hostpital for an emergency lobotomy.
        I AM the evil bastard!
        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

Blame it on the baby... he cried all night...you didn't get any sleep... uh-huh, uh-huh...
          I don't go in for ancient wisdom
          I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
          It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Working...
          X