This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woo-hoo!! Score!!

So I had to do a quick Night shift work. After we closed, did deposit, and waiting for the damn printer to spit out paperwork, i did a quick scan of the shelves to clean-up.

As I was walking around, I notice something stuck in Sci-fi. Turns out to be a Sony VAIO Laptop. I quickly bring it back to the front, where the manager goes "Gee, someone really is airheaded to forget this!!"

Now we're kinda wondering how long it'll take for the owner to come looking for it.

Did you do an inventory check? Just to make sure it wasn't someone trying to steal it?
    I AM the evil bastard!
    A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I'm assuming your store doesn't sell computers?

Can I have it? I'm hoping to move soon and I want a laptop!
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Nobody claimed it yet. We're probably gonna turn it over to the cops.

Comment

Nobody claimed it yet. 3 more days....

Comment

Wow. How can someone forget something like *that*? Surely they'd notice it missing pretty quickly... Was it in a laptop carrybag? Or just by itself?
            3 Basic rules for ordering food.
            - Order from the menu.
            - If you order something that will take some time to cook, then be prepared to wait.
            - Don't talk about Fight Club.

Comment

Quoth Sir Spaniard the 12th View Post
              Wow. How can someone forget something like *that*? Surely they'd notice it missing pretty quickly... Was it in a laptop carrybag? Or just by itself?
              By itself.

My guess is that the owner might've assumed that it got stolen. We've had cases in out store where kids have walked off with other peoples property, either left unintentionally or stolen as they turned their back to put back something.

Hopefully the guy filed a police report so when one of us goes in and turns it over to the cops it goes back to whomever quickly. We're afraid of even turning it on to figure out who owned it because of liability issues.

Comment

I'm guessing no one's thought to turn it on and try to find info about the owner on it?

Comment

Quoth Arucard View Post
                  I'm guessing no one's thought to turn it on and try to find info about the owner on it?
                  See the post right above yours. They're afraid to for liability issues.
                  ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                  And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Working...
                  X