This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I learned how to do something new

When I went into work today, my department manager told me he had a special job for me. I, of course, look scared, because I figured it was something sucky, like working in the deli.

It turns out he wanted me to work on the inventory for the salad bar. I'd never done it before. The lady who's "in charge" of the salad bar is on vacation until Monday, and inventory is tomorrow. My boss will have his hands full with doing inventory for the rest of the department, so I was the chosen one.

Not as bad as I'd thought it would be. In fact, it was MUCH easier than I'd expected, considering how long it takes certain others to do the same thing. Just count things, work out how much each weighs, and write it down. Simple. Only took me about half an hour (TOPS).

Thanks for reading.
    Unseen but seeing
    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
    3rd shift needs love, too
    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

It is always so nice to master a task that others have yet to. Especially when they have bee trained to do it.

Comment

Congrats, homechicken.
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

I'm quite sure that the person in charge of the salad bar will be beyond upset about it though. She's convinced that I can't do ANYTHING right...

I'll see what the dept. manager has to say when I come in this afternoon (he had an earlier than usual shift, due to inventory).
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
        X