Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man, your manager is a jerk. I'd talk to the other managers to get a firm "foul weather" policy - so next time you can throw that back at him if he wants to threaten you about not risking your life to work a shift.
    Around here the mayor will declare "foul weather" days and the courts and schools are closed and you are allowed to not come to work - you are incouraged to not leave your home in fact.
    Two winters ago I slipped on ice and broke my leg - this winter my boss came to get me every icy day because she didn't want me to even walk the two blocks to the bus stop.

Comment

Man... Gotta love that, you call in, facing a WALL of water, and traffic so bad you could get out of your car, go to Applbees, and order the entire menu and get back before you have to move, and he still wants you in? I HATE that.

I remember one time I was on a train home from Long Island, and a freaking TELEPHONE POLE fell in front of the tracks, we were there for HOURS, and by the time I got to Penn Station NJ Transit shut down, and I had to wait till the 5am train. I had gotten home about 8ish, and had work at 10. I knew that WASN'T gonna happen. I called explained to my manager what happened, and he had the NERVE to yell at me.... What the hell? It's not like I ASKED for a telephone pole to fall. And there was no way I was going to work without sleep.

And if there was 4 feet of water in areas, why are you even open?!

Oh, you work in a theater... Right, I've been through that mess. I don't get why theaters DO NOT close. I remember back in Mega Movies, there was like three feet of snow, we were located in a mall, and EVERY store except for us closed... It was insane, we had like, three customers... Entire movies ran without anyone watching...

Managers who don't realize that weather should close business/excuse absences should be shot in the brainpan...
      "How bloody difficult is it to take care of a DVD?"
      ~Me after any time I look at the back of a disc~

Comment

Quoth justZu View Post
        So the movies were probably full, right?
        Nope. It was darn quiet for an hour or two, then picked up after the rain stopped.

I've done busier shifts with a lot less staff on than we had that night. They could have gotten by just fine. Of course the manager might have had to pitch in, and that is a very rare occurence for this particular guy.
        "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Working...
        X