This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not trying to be a sucky customer

My uncle bought me an xbox 360 as a belated birthday gift a couple weeks ago when he was visiting me in the bay area. I tried plugging it in, and it worked fine for about a week, but then it stopped working. I keep getting what is known as the "red ring of death". I called my uncle and asked him where he bought it so I could exchange it, and he told me it was target. I get everything neat looking in the box , ad take it to target to exchange it, but they said I couldn't do it without my uncle there so they could look up the transaction. my uncle lives in L.A.!

I'm not trying to be a sucky customer, but this is rediculous that they won't exchange a faulty product they sold. They won't lose any money if they ship it back to the manafacturer. I'm just wondering if there's any other work around? Anybody at target that can tell me if I can just ask for a higher up and get this taken care of? Or am I going to have to go through MS's return policy and wait weeks before I get it back?

Just call Microsoft, and tell them the problem, and mention that you received it as a gift from your uncle. That you do not have the receipts, as he has them in another town.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I can really only see two options here:

1) Call your uncle and see if he can send you the receipt so you can exchange it

2) Deal with Microsoft and not have it for a few weeks

Hopefully you can get it straightened out.

Comment

Just call MS. They are actually pretty fast. They will send a shipping box, you take your HD off and JUST send the console nothing else. Take it to the UPS store and once MS gets it they will probably send a refurbished one. I got mine back in about a week and got a 1 month LIVE card.
        GFY

Comment

He didn't include the gift receipt with it???
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
          X