This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ::sigh::

I'm not happy at work, and am looking for a new job. One of my dearest friends is putting in a good word for me at his store (they need an AM ).

I talked to the manager yesterday, and things went well.

Last week, I asked bossman two questions. 1. Will I get my 40 hours/week back? 2. When my raise kicks in, will I be making $10/hour? (That's the going rate for AMs around here.) He hemmed and hawed and didn't answer.

I asked bossman both questions again today. I (almost) got answers. 1. "I wouldn't say never." 2. " I doubt it." I told him that the $8.75 I'm making now (with experience!!) is an insult. He says, "When I worked at <competitor>, I had to recruit AMs for $7.50 an hour."

Then he says to me later then that, "Is $10 all it will take?"

Like hell it will. It'll take more then that to keep me working with him. If I get in at the other store, I'll be getting that AND 45 hours a week (YAAAAAAY!) Like I'd stick around anyway; he's planning to quit when his baby is born in a few months.

Wish me luck.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

I am working Pt right now. Because of the accountant we are using. He tells the Main Owner what to do, and the Main Owner, does everything he says. Well used too. The accountant is not letting the owners get their tax returns. So because of that, I am not getting my bonus that I was promised.
    Under The Moon Paranormal Research
    San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

Tell him no it would be 10/hr and a guranteed 40/wk, no less.

Because you know he'll just try to get you stay for 10/hr but less hours.

Comment

Good luck with the search.

I wish I made $10/hour EVERY day, not just Sundays.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Just be glad you're not over here. Corporate culture over here is currently of the mindset that if you lose one manager in a retail store, hire two part-timers to cover so you have lower employment costs.

Rapscallion

Comment

Raps, it's totally the same over on this side of the pond. Heck, it probably started over here.

Thankfully, my company, as small as it is, doesn't subscribe to that theory.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

The only thing I'm really worried about is they have one of "those" tests.

::shudder::

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                The only thing I'm really worried about is they have one of "those" tests.
                20 days is enough time passed if they're doing blood or urine. Hair, on the other hand, or fingernails...
                "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                My MySpace
                My LiveJournal

Comment

Not THAT test. The horrific "personality" test or whatever it is.

Comment

In that case, lie like a lying bastard, but keep track of your lies and make sure they're consistent.
                    "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
                    "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
                    My MySpace
                    My LiveJournal

Comment

Working...
                    X