This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The car park attendant

The car park attendant in the hospital car park is such a nice chatty man. We always have a laugh when I get sent over the offices on the other side of the site, in the pouring rain, several times today.

I've discovered that most of the staff are somewhat rude and ignore the cleaners/porters/catering staff. But in general I've found it very unfriendly there. It's very seniority based and there is a definite pecking order and everyone looks down on those 'beneath' them.

Got an interview tommorow, I want to return to my old job in the Civil Service (Defence Dept) so fingers crossed! It was so friendly there and there was a real sense of camaraderie and everyone was on first name terms, even the old grumpy military commanders!
    Last edited by AirHostess; 06-20-2007, 05:16 PM.
    No longer a flight atttendant!

I always make it a point to talk to them. I mean, they clean up after you and provide a service for you, so why be mean and ignore them? Besides, if you make the effort to actually acknowledge their existence, they love you for it. I mean, I don't have time to sit around and chat with them for hours, but even learning their name and saying hi when you see them gives you super duper brownie points. Most of them have really amazing stories, too, so you want some good SC stories, they are full of them!
    Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
    Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
    The Office

Comment

Quoth PrincessKatieAirHostess View Post
      I've discovered that most of the staff are somewhat rude and ignore the cleaners/porters/catering staff. But in general I've found it very unfriendly there. It's very seniority based and there is a definite pecking order and everyone looks down on those 'beneath' them.
      That's just rude. I try to make a point to talk to the janitors at my school (or at least say hello.) They seem to be happy when someone says something to them. I don't know why people seem to think there's a seniority system there.
      For the most part, I don't care about what everyone else is doing, or what is popular.
      -Namie Amuro (Japanese singer)

Comment

I chat with EVERYONE. the cleaners, the tea lady, the management. I don't care what your "job status" or position in life is. You're still a person, and I'm gonna treat you as such!
        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Haven't people ever figured out that if you make friends with the secretaries and janitors your life becomes much easier?
          "Who loves not women, wine, and song remains a fool his whole life long" ~Martin Luther
          "Always send a lazy man to the angel of death" ~Martin Luther
          My MySpace
          My LiveJournal

Comment

I know I know. Sigh. I cannot wait to get back to my old job. Not long to go
            No longer a flight atttendant!

Comment

Working...
            X