This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutant workers

It came to me randomly today that sucky customers thing that we have superpowers to do the things we do. And like mutants (at least Marvel mutants) we are treated as less than human.

So I thought what superpowers would come in handy at work?

Teleporting would be nice especially when I keep getting called to the front for an approval, than the pharmacy a second later. Or when I am working and keep getting inturupted.

Telekenisis would also be nice to get stubborn shelves into place or things off the over head.

What powers would you guys like?
    I have PMS and a black belt. Any questions?

This random moment is brought to you by the letters A D and D.

ohhh .... i use to want to have super strenght and speed at work so can get things done faster or hurt my customers....

Now i want the powers you just named plus the ability to morph for fun...

Comment

Heat vision so I can simply melt something next to me to say don't mess with me.

The ability to read people's minds so I can predict what they're about to say next and shut them down quickly.
      The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

I used to think that Triplicate Girl had a silly power,.....

...Then I got a job in retail.
        "First time I ever seen a chainsaw go down anybody's britches,"

Comment

The Magical Rectum of Holding. It would come as no surprise to a lot of people.

Comment

Time shifting. Then I can get all my work done in a snap, then have the rest of the shift to help customers.

And I can use it to smack around SCs that deserve it, or violently stop a thief in the act, without anyone noticing.
            I AM the evil bastard!
            A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

I can't believe that no one said it yet!

Telepathy! Everyone thinks we have it anyway, might as well prove them right. But geez, there's a whole list of powers that'd be useful in addition.

Reed Richard's stretching, super speed, teleporting, telekinesis, summoning (who wouldn't love to cast "summon manager, summon cashier, summon police, etc.), geez. I could go on a while. I better stop now.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Broomjockey View Post
                I can't believe that no one said it yet!

Telepathy! Everyone thinks we have it anyway, might as well prove them right.
                Uh, Broom:
                The ability to read people's minds so I can predict what they're about to say next and shut them down quickly.
                Just couldn't come up with the word at the time.
                The Grand Galactic Inquisitor hears all and sees all.

Comment

Quoth ArenaBoy View Post
                  Uh, Broom: Just couldn't come up with the word at the time.
                  Heh. Sorta missed that. Just the awesome heat vision bit. Sorry
                  Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

technopathy, for the obvious reasons (damn windows). though for sheer awesomeness, being an elemental would rock.
                    Siead

Hobby Twitter.

Comment

I would want the power to freeze time and people. Then I can kick the ass, of whoever needs it, without them finding out who done it.

I would want Telepathy.

I would also want Heat Ray's, so I can melt anything.
                      Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                      San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

I would like the ability to mentally force people to tell the truth. That would solve a lot of problems.

{zap} "I just picked this item off the counter and I'm faking a return so I can get some money from you...hey!"

{zap} "I'm in a horrible crabby-bitch mood today so I'm taking it out on you...wha?!"

{zap} "I'm trying to get a refund I'm not entitled to because I bought this item ten years ago and wore it out...WTF?!"

Heh, heh!
                        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                        My LiveJournal
                        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

For my current job, I'd have to go with the following:

* Telepathy - Know exactly what they're thinking...
                          * Precognition - ...before they do.
                          * Ultra-Speed - Phone rings, look into future, make pizza, and have it in the oven before you pick up on the 2nd ring.
                          * Endless Stamina - Being on your feet for 8 hours is still a bitch, even if you get your work done in 1/10th the time.

For the new job I'm going to, I'll take all of the above, PLUS:

* Clairvoyance - So I can know what's REALLY happening
                          * Technopathy - "Try it again" "Hey! It works! How di-" "Because I'm that damn good."
                          ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
                          And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

Being able to stretch would have come in handy when I did fiction in Store2; most of the bookcases in that section are seven shelves tall and I needed a stool to shelve stuff there, and often would just jump to grab something to get it down...

Super-strength would be nice when lugging books around...

You know that scene in Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone when he's trying out wands and everything gets knocked down from the shelves, and then the shopkeeper just waves his wand and puts everything back? I want to be able to do that...especially since I am helping out with Store2's Harry Potter party in a few weeks and it's going to be a disaster area when it's all over...(then again, I'm not getting paid for it and I won't have to deal with it the next day...)
                            I don't go in for ancient wisdom
                            I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
                            It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

I'd like to be able to teleport sucky customers to Wally World, or at least someplace far away from myself.

I'd also like the ability to inflict voodoo curses upon co-irkers I don't like. Like Numbnuts. I'd like to be bale to make a little doll of him and inflict pain upon him whenever I see him slacking off. Eventually he'd get the message and start working or he'd die. Somehow I think death is more likely.
                              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Working...
                              X