This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth April View Post
    The kids would drink robatussin, or "tussin" (cheaper, generic) to get high.
    Those are robo bombs and can be exremely dangerous.
    Tamezin

Comment

There comes a point when you have to just let people self-destruct and move on to those who still want to try.

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Dreamstalker View Post
        It's apparently true for children, not sure about adults.
        I'm sure it holds true for adults, although an adult would have to consume more. 63% ethanol = 126 proof = strong!

Comment

Unfortunately, this is an all too common thing.

And yes, sometimes they drink the stuff with no alcohol. My friedn the police officer (same one from "You can stay out there all night," the domestic disturbance story I posted a while back) once told me about a well known bum in his city that bought four bottle of mouthwash from some drugstore on a Sunday (apparently there's Blue Laws in this city) then started guzzling them down right there in the street. Thing was, he'd gotten the wrong stuff; it had no alcohol. He wound up collapsing on a sidealk somewhere, whereupon my friend was called to the scene. He found an empty bottle of the stuff lying next to the guy and asked him in disgust

FPO: WHY did you do this?

Bum: It's Sunday! Liquor stores are closed!

FPO: Yeah, but this stuff has NO ALCOHOL in it, numbnuts!

Bum: Oh......shit.......

The bum ended up in the hospital.
          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
            I really didn't understand that post. I don't think I want to.

If people are actually drinking mouthwash these days, I will hang myself.
            People have been doing such for many years. In the sixties it was Nyquil, or so my Mother told me.

I also remember vividly a scene from a Willa Cather book---I believe it was My Antonia...mid to late 1800's on the great plains. A main character, as a teenage boy, worked at the local store. Most stuff people bought was ordered and brought out by train several weeks later. The boy wonders to his boss as they are preparing the orders why 'old widow Smith' goes through so darn much lemon extract all the time.

Boss replies that it's the only way she can get a hold of some alcohol. As a respectable woman, she couldn't go into the saloon, nor could she order it openly through the store. He sighs and tells the boy to put that order through and don't make any trouble for her.

Kind of sad, when you think about it.
            Because as we all know, on the Internet all men are men, all women are men and all children are FBI agents.

Comment

You know, the reason that the mouthwash makes their breath so bad is because the alcohol actually dries your mouth out. When your mouth dries out, it gets more bacteria in it and those make more stink. You'd be better off eating apples or something else juicy to make more saliva and then rinsing your mouth with water to get rid of the citric acid. /science talk

Randomly, the few times I've used mouthwash with alcohol, it always leaves my mouth tasting like I just ate pencil shavings. (Yes, I have actually eaten pencil shavings, so I know what I'm talking about ) I can't imagine getting any pleasure out of that.
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

JuniorMintz, you are a bad girl!

Quoth JuniorMintz View Post
                So, since one one else has asked...
                Have you considered offering them vinegar?

Maybe. . . even. . . malt vinegar?
                It's like I'm wearing Eau de Moron and all of the idiots and assholes are attracted to me... -JuniorMintz

Comment

Working...
                X