Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The manufacturers that I know of making remote starters for manuals are Compustar, Astra and Ultrastart. I don't have personal experience with any of these, but Compustar seems to have a very good reputation. You can check their website for a local dealer (of course, there's no guarantee the dealer carries their manual transmission products).
    Lack of freedom can be measured directly by lack of stupid. --Penn Jillette

Comment

Well, being from the UK where the huge majority of cars are manual;

On a normal, flat, parking surface the car should be in Neutral and handbrake (parking brake) set. Same for hills, up or down, if you're not sure about your handbrake then you should get the brakes looked at.

The only time I regularly see Clutch > Start is at traffic lights when people stall it.

If you're looking to retrofit a remote start then the manual takes precedence
      Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

That's interesting to know that there is indeed a remote start for manuals. I always thought there wasn't, but it makes sense that the clutch switch could be bypassed.

I'm still not going to screw around with my manual tranny though. My brother can do it for me
        Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
        Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
        The Office

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          Do we have the machine that goes Piiiiiing?
          "That's my favorite machine."
          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Working...
          X