This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The new guy's fortune cookie...

We have someone transferring from a different position in the store into the tech room. Most of us are apprehensive about it because he is immature, has no backbone, and isn't the brightest guy in the world. Even a good friend of his, who works in the tech room, was against him coming in, but against the unanimous wishes of the tech crew, our supervisor desiced to give him a try.

The new guy (well, he starts soon) and his tech friend decided to get Chinese food from a very good resturant a few stores down from us. They eat their lunch and crack open the fortune cookie. The tech's said something about 'pain today pays off tomorrow' or something like that, but the 'new guy's' fortune cookie was priceless.

It said, and I quote:

“It’s over your head now,
    Time to get some
    professional help.”

Oh the irony.

Luckily, his friend said that he does listen and tries to learn well, let's hope it works out.
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

If you believe the fortune cookies, then it sounds like he'll turn out alright if he listens to your advice and learns from his Sage Elders.
    ...WHY DO YOU TEMPT WHAT LITTLE FAITH IN HUMANITY I HAVE!?! -- Kalga
    And I want a pony for Christmas but neither of us is getting what we want OK! What you are asking is impossible. -- Wicked Lexi

Comment

My last fortune said "Never tickle a sleeping giant."

Ok, it was from a cookie they had made for the Harry Potter party last night...
      I don't go in for ancient wisdom
      I don't believe just 'cause ideas are tenacious
      It means that they're worthy - Tim Minchin, "White Wine in the Sun"

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
        “It’s over your head now,
        Time to get some
        professional help.”
        Sounds like a fortune cookie that I'd get.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

It beats my two favorites:

"Hope you didn't eat the rice" . and "that wasn't chicken"

Comment

I have a few fortunes on my desk and in my wallet right now, but none that interesting.

Slightly OT, but my bestest friend E and I like to leave fortunes, or other trinkets from our wallets (stickers, small toys, etc) with tips at restaurants, particularly if our waiter/waitress seemed good-spirited and the type to enjoy them. This happened most often at Denny's.
            "In the end I was the mean girl/or somebody's in between girl"~Neko Case

“You don't need many words if you already know what you're talking about.” ~William Stafford

Comment

Here's the one I carry with me:

"Behind an able man, there are always."

yup.

You read it right the first time.
              I call it my paranoia fortune.

P.S.- The Learn Chinese is Dian-Deng, Electric Lights. Not sure if that fits in somehow...
              The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
              "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
              Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

A friend of mine, in one of the few times we would actually do* Chinese food got.......

"Please Reorder"

B

*We were more "Big hunk of dead cow waved at a grill" type of guys.
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

I like to add "In bed" to the end of all my fortunes.

My all time favorite fortune was (no lie! I saved this one!),

"Constant grinding can turn a steel rod into a needle."

Best one ever.
                  Jim: Fact: Bears eat beets. Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.
                  Dwight: Bears don't eat bee... Hey! What are you doing?
                  The Office

Comment

I once got a cookie what said "You Are The Center Of Every Group's Attention."

I also once got a cookie what said "Don't take I-5."
                    You're not doing me a favor by eating here. I'm doing you a favor by feeding you.

Comment

Working...
                    X